1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think of dating websites?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BearLover, Oct 23, 2013.

1. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm having trouble finding someone in real life and I think that dating websites is a bit of a sad way to find someone. When someone asks you how you met, you will have to say online which sounds like you were desperate at the time.

I can't really find anyone decent in real life that isn't taken, it is rare to find a girl that is on her own and is attractive. I live in an area isolated from my friends, I can't get to them so easily as they live around 5 miles away, the area I live in is full of ugly people that I wouldn't date, usually single mums and ugly tramps. Most people are working all the time and they are hard to get hold of, usually when I go out, I see only one friend, most of the people I know are boring, they sit at home watching TV or working.

They say love will find you but I don't think that is the case now, in real life it is mainly unattractive and stupid girls that aren't my type, whenever I go into clubs I always find girls that pile foundation on their face and are hard to talk to. I try to talk to some of these girls I know but the conversation is always short, I don't share interests with them, they never seem interested in me either.

It's hard to find the right girl, so I think the only way is to resort to dating websites.

2. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tons of people use dating websites nowadays.

My mum and my stepdad met via a dating site and have been married for 8 years. And I've met the man that I love and live with via a dating site.

Why restrict your love or sex life to the small area you live in? Theres a whole world out there. There are probably sexier, smarter and more loving people beyond the border of your town/city.

Go get 'em kiddo :thumbsup:

3. Condorman

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I had a wonderful relationship for 20 months with someone I met on a dating website. I ended it in the end, but that had nothing to do with the website.

Give it a go. Just be careful and try and be honest. As in real life the same number of d1ckheads populate the web as they do in our day to day.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have the same issue with this as you I'm still not sure if to try online or not but i have heard some success stories but i worry about the same thing you do

5. Goodnyte

I will tell you this honestly, I met my boyfriend online. Not a dating website but online. I know, I'm only 14 but that is besides the point. He and I are doing great even though we are long distance.

I find dating websites to be helpful. You get to expand your horizon without going everywhere and anywhere. My mom and her current boyfriend met online and I have never met two love sick teenagers who aren't teenagers like they are.

It doesn't make you sound desperate when saying you met online. I at least and people I know don't think so. Give it a go. You never know what'll happen.

Good luck!!