1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge crush on a classmate

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by doctorgayboy, Oct 23, 2013.

1. doctorgayboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am infatuated with this boy in my class. I've noticed him ever since last year, but over the last month and a half I've grown to be crazy about him. The thing is, I seriously wonder if I could actually have a chance with him. He always comes up and tells me about funny things and we laugh. Then I look into his eyes and can't help but notice how beautiful he is. We are also both very athletic and have gym lockers next to each other! :icon_wink He is in another class with my good friend, and she says that he talks about me sometimes. He tells her that I'm really cool, smart and funny. :slight_smile: He has also talked to her about the topic of gay rights and expressed his support of gay marriage to her. Another thing that makes me wonder.. At our homecoming dance this fall, while most guys were grinding and dirty dancing on the girls, he was just standing alone for most of the night, looking a bit lost. This made me really sad because I knew there was nothing I could do. Anyways, I really just cannot get him off of my mind. He is so beautiful and has the sweetest personality. I feel like I would do absolutely anything for him if he were mine. As far as I know at this point, he is straight. I'm waiting to have proof before I assume anything. I wish that there was some way I could get him to at least try out having a relationship with me. I would give it my everything. I have just been trying to figure out a time/way to confront him in my head about my feelings for him, but I haven't quite gotten it. Any suggestions??

2. Thursby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've dealt with this situation more times than i can count lol. The key is to be respectful and not overstep any boundaries. Confronting him is not a good idea.

You said that he supports gay marriage so it seems like he is an open-minded person. I don't know how close you two are, but I don't see anything wrong with telling him that you are gay. Just be casual about it and make sure it is at the right time (like not around other people for example). Telling him you like him might be a bit much right away, so i would hold off on that. Also, don't ask him if he is gay because that is something that is very personal.

Give him time to think and maybe he will react. If he is also gay, this will be a signal to him that he is safe to tell you as well. Just remember to be as courteous as possible and not spook him with personal questions.