1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm in a relationship, but I like someone else???

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Auxibiology, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Auxibiology

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I'm dating this one girl, and her name is Ana. She is twelve, and we have been together for almost five months. Our relationship is long distance, so I never get to see her. And while I do harbour some romantic feelings, I don't feel such strong feelings like she does towards me. She constantly mentions how she wouldn't be alive if she hadn't started dating me.
    But then, there's this boy I really, really like. His name is Stephen, and he is the absolute best person I have ever met. He knows what I'm suffering through, and he wants to help me as much as he can. He's my best friend, and I've loved him since fourth grade. Usually, he is not one for physical signs of affection of any sort. However, recently, he's been hugging me a lot and petting my hair. My dad even saw him petting me and he thought we were dating! Anyways, I really like him, but I don't want to break Ana's heart, especially at such a young age. Plus, I don't even know if he's going to be attracted to me. (He's gay, but I don't know if he likes male bodies or male gendered people) I know this is very uninformative, but I just wanted to know your ideas on this. Thanks.

2. LD579

Long-distance relationships are very difficult, and most are 'unsuccessful' and/or not long-lasting, when you're relatively young (And even when both people are older), if only because there are few ways of meeting up, which is almost-without-exception such an integral part of a romantic relationship. Given that you're both also still hugely growing both physically and mentally, it might be best to cut off this relationship. You both can still be very good friends for each other, but to commit yourselves to this huge — and honestly sometimes draining — commitment while you're both undergoing immense maturation may be to the detriment of both of you.

Regarding other people you are and will be interested in... they may or may not like you, even if you guys are technically compatible. Just as how I'm a gay guy who isn't attracted to all guys, they may not be attracted to you even if you were someone they could theoretically go out with. That's not meant to be a negative thought, though. Sometimes, the best way to live life is to go with the moment and the flow. Things may or may not happen with Steven. I'm sure that there will be other opportunities for you in the future, regardless, though.