1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paying for dating websites?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gibson234, Oct 24, 2013.

1. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you have to pay to use a gay dating website that's actually about relationship not hook ups? (Note: I know people can't mention website names here)

2. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, without naming names, there are a few free ones that offer you to at least list your primary interest as "relationship". Of course, that won't stop people from contacting you with hookup requests, but it's not unheard of for people to find a partner on them. The mere fact of being free gives them a big member base, but it takes some searching to find the ones that match with you.

The mere fact of paying for one does mean that the ones subscribing for a paying website are serious about finding someone. And sometimes with what you pay, you actually get a human employee suggesting a match (as opposed to a computer picking one based on a survey). Of course, the fact that they're paying means they don't have the member base the free ones do.

So.. both have their pros and cons.

3. Hrantou

^ I agree with Filip. Also, whether you pay or not, hook up requests will come. You can't get away from it. Personally, I recently met a awesome guy on a free site. Took me a few months of having it up, but it happened. Goes to show that it's not impossible.