1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why I won't just 'come out'

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BiPenguin, Oct 24, 2013.

1. BiPenguin

Except for one of my brothers who once walked in on me having sex with another male when we were teenagers in high school, I have not 'come out'. I personally do not care what people on my side think and feel as they and I have never really ever got along with each other.

It has more got to do with my wife's side. She knows about me. She is even happy for me to have a boyfriend either just as a lover or as a boyfriend and she probably doesn't really care if her side finds out but I sorta do. My two eldest children know as well(Daughters aged 16 and 12).

She was estranged from her family for some years due to dramas between them only to gradually come back into contact with them. Her father is dying of cancer and we don't know if he would care or not but I just don't think it is worth the hassle. Not at the moment at least.

2. Joey4

I'm of the opinion that the important people in your life are currently aware. At age 41, as long as you and your family are happy, I don't see a need for anyone else to know.