1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She left her boyfriend because of me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MaryMyers, Oct 24, 2013.

1. MaryMyers

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi guys! In need of some advice

So earlier this year I was dating a girl, we had met last year and immediately became inseparable, talking 24/7 and catching up when we could. Neither of us had dated a girl before - I'm gay but she was my first proper 'relationship', and she had only ever dated guys. We were very happy, that is, until she told her homophobic mom about me in hope of making it more official. Her mom wasn't impressed at all and used every trick in the book to sabotage what we had. It worked, her daughter broke it off with me because it was so hard and she was scared of losing her family/friends.

We tried to stay besties, which of course wasn't possible, and I cut off contact with her for a month to move on. After a month, we talked occasionally, and argued, and she revealed that she had begun dating a guy. Over the past few weeks however, we have become closer, talking every day again and flirting. She confessed to still loving me and not wanting to move on/let go of what we had. We bumped into each other at uni after more than two months and went out that weekend for drinks, and ended up having sex. She felt bad for her new guy because she didn't love him and was cheating, and last night she told me that she broke up with him. Her mom is major angry about that.

What on earth should I do? Am I playing with fire here? What are your opinions/advice?

2. laut

Out Status:
    A few people
    How old are you both? In the end it's her decision to make, as to what she wants to risk. I think the best thing you can do is offer your support whatever she decides.

3. MaryMyers

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm 21 and she's 20

That's a good point!