1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Say you have/had a really good friend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by fleetingwells, Oct 25, 2013.

1. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ...and you two have been through a lot since you've met. They told you everything from their personal problems to their current mood and anything and everything random about their day. One day, shit hits the fan and it's no longer the same anymore because something happens to them and then you screw up majorly by being completely honest about your feelings. And then maybe you screw up even more because you tried to pry into their lives, but it was all in the name of trying to be a good friend for them and just being there to understand their situation more. Say they forgive you anyway after not talking to you for days, but then having it turn sour yet again because they thought you lied to them about something and now they're accusing you of doing said thing even though you've been absolutely completely honest with them from Day 1.

Say you two used to be close in spite of the long distance, in spite of the problems, in spite of the feelings, in spite of other people, because you two had some of the best conversations you never knew you could have with someone so far away.

And, out of the blue, when they finally text you a couple of days ago about a certain issue that they were having, they say they just wanted to text you only to let you know about how they were dealing with it since you were the one who was there for them at the time when they needed someone the most. And even though they were pissed as hell at you the last time you two talked to each other, they still went ahead and texted you just this once because they knew you cared about them.

..Then what does that mean for our "friendship"? Is it a sign that she slowly but surely wants to talk to me again? Does it mean we will get another chance to make things right and start over? Or is it better to move on and let things go?

(this actually goes back to another thread I made some time ago about the same person)

2. Nick07

I think it means that the friendship is strong and mature enough to survive the hard times. Congrats :slight_smile:
    However, it seems that you are not ecstatic about it really...

3. sysreq

Yeah. I think she is forgiving you; going back on her word maybe? Stick it out and be there for her.

4. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To be honest, I'm not completely ecstatic about it actually... I've been hurt a lot by what's happened, and even though she had every reason to think that I was lying to her, I still feel bad b/c this isn't the first time she's accused me outright of doing something I didn't do. I just feel like I've been treated like crap and she has no regard over my feelings. I don't know if it's b/c she feels like she can't trust anybody after what she's been through or w/e. But I know I wasn't the only person she was mad at so maybe it's isn't a personal thing she has against me.

In the end if we do end up making up, then I'm afraid that I'll either mess up again later on, or she'll find another reason to be mad at me. I'm actually scared of how she makes me feel.. :icon_sad:

Yea, in spite of my fears, I really do want to stick it out. She's through a lot and I don't want to abandon her. Maybe our friendship won't be the same as before but I want to be there for her if she still wants me around.

#4 fleetingwells, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  5. Nick07

I know what you mean. Good luck with your decision.

6. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you :slight_smile: I just hope things turn out alright. It's just been hard to try not to think about what will happen in the end.

7. Indigo4135

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went through the exact same thing, kinda still going through it but each day it gets better, think positive. I hope everything turns out alright for you :slight_smile:

8. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I figure instead of making a new thread, I'd update it here.

About two months later, and it's still the same thing. She will update me on how she's doing health-wise, but won't even bother asking me how I've been myself. I have no idea what's going on with her other than the fact that she just recently got out the hospital b/c of some severe pains she was having post-surgery. But I feel completely bad because she's been very short with me and it hurts. I thought I was emotionally done after her not texting me for over a month, but then she decides to tell me how she is about a week ago and now it's all coming back to me again :frowning2: I feel horrible all over again.

I just don't see the point in her texting me anymore. I don't get why she's even doing it in the first place. Why bother telling me about her issues if she doesn't care about me? Should I confront her? I just don't know what to do.