1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I say to Him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayNerd, Oct 26, 2013.

1. GayNerd

On Facebook, I had sent a friend request to 'M'. After a month or so(he wasn't on for a while), he accepted it. We had already been great friends, and I thought things would be okay. However, after a week or so of talking on Facebook, though he never exactly told me why at the time, he just said he doesn't want to be friends with me anymore. So I stopped messaging him to give M and me time to relax and calm down. But then I later realized that M was getting annoyed by all of the pictures I shared. And then, without thinking, after I shared another picture, he commented something along the lines of him saying bye. I then found out that M unfriended me. I tried to push it out of my mind. But less than a week ago, he sent a friend request to me. I accepted it, and I have been meaning to talk to him. I have shared very few pictures, etc. since I accepted his friend request. But I don't know how to resume casually talking to him again, or why he wants to be friends again. The pont being is that I want to know what to say to M and to make sure we don't get into a fight again.
    Thanks.

2. Inferno

Inferno Guest

I think you should firstly, apologise for annoying him, and slowly build your friendship back up to how it used to be. Also, if sharing photos annoyed him, maybe try to not share so many of them, yes they can be quite funny but is it worth cluttering their news feed?

Goodluck in rebuilding the friendship.

Ps. You spelt 'Point' wrong. :slight_smile:

3. GayNerd

Thanks. :slight_smile: And I see, 'pont'. :lol:

4. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    If sharing pictures annoys him, you can set the privacy settings to all your friends apart from him when doing so. As to start a conversation, I'd probably say something along the lines of 'Hi. We haven't talked in quite some time. How's things been? :slight_smile:' What I found is that most of the time, people don't want to be reminded or talk about a bad thing that happened. May luck be with you. :slight_smile:

5. GayNerd

Nice, thanks. :slight_smile:

6. Keepitdiscrete

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    "We had already been great friends" makes me think you see each other in the real world, not just online. Don't know about you, but if someone I cared about were to cut me off, I would go have a 1 on 1 with them in person. Just to lay out how I view the relationship, why i'm being cut off, how it'll affect me, see what's going on with them, etc. Like i said, it's if someone i cared for (in a general sense - not necessarily in an intimate way) did this. If it's an acquaintance, i'd just bid good riddance, and move on. (I'm structured in a way to have many acquaintances, and few friends. The friends i do have are extremely close to me, hence why i'd have trouble losing them) I'm guessing you care for the person if you took the time to post this for advice...

7. GayNerd

I used to see M almost every day at school, until he went to high school. And yes, though I have only known for about a year, I feel that M is a great person to be around with. I do see the point you are telling me.

I have just messaged M a few times, and he seems like we're talking like nothing happened. I am pretty sure we are now good. But if things get bumpy, I may talk to him in-person sometime. Thanks. :slight_smile:

8. Personally, I wouldn't say anything, and I'd let the awkwardness wear off and give him his space. Think of it like this, he sent you a friend request because he obviously felt bad for unfriending you, and you accepted it, in other words forgiving him. It doesn't really seem like words are necessary at the moment, maybe focus on casual interaction a little later. If you focus too hard on that too soon, things might get awkward again. Just the way I would handle it.