1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so happy and proud of my roommate right now

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dakine, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    So I've long thought my roommate was at the least bi and likes me but just in deep denial. He just in my opinion made a huge step. He went from the most homophobic person I had ever met....hated the topic, begged for me to not bring it up....to now just an hour ago he brought up my sexuality and asked how I knew etc. of course he claimed total straightness throughout but I remember this part of the process... The point where I went from complete homophobic to now accepting even though I myself was straight....this was a huge leap for me. He's been in his room ever since I'm sure thinking on the topic but man I'm thrilled for him. I know it's a huge step...if any of u can relate to the used to be homophobic to cover up truly feelings route to discovering your sexuality...it's just huge :slight_smile:

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nawwww
    Give him a hug :slight_smile:

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My roommate for two years and I both came out as bi after we graduated--two years later for him and four years later. He's out to everyone, I'm not. He had a hunch about me but I had no idea about him. He was the first friend I came out to and has been unbelievably supportive since.

If you're right about your roommate, just give him space and let him be. He'll come to you when he's ready.

4. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    It's honestly so cute watching him play GTA5 right now hahahahaa

5. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wasn't ever really homophobic now that I think about it. I wasnt even in denial for very long. I am proud and wouldn't change a thing:slight_smile:

6. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    You're lucky cause I totally did the homophobic thing to cover up who I really was from my friends and really from myself.