1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just want a girlfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by treeofleaves, Oct 27, 2013.

1. treeofleaves

i just want a girlfriend...any volunteers?...KIDDING.. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    anyway..yeah...a post about our loneliness....

people that are in relationships: did u have hope before that u would find someone?
    people that arent: do u have hope that you will find someone?

its annoying being alone sometimes...i have never been in a relationship and sometimes i just really want to and i cant and blah..meh ..erggg...

:bang:

2. fortheloveoflez

I know how you feel :frowning2: It's hard.

I've had a multitude of men approach me the past few years. Not women though, and it sucks. Every girl I've shared my feelings with has more or less rejected me down the line. It's rough. Although, some times I think to myself that I reject people so it should be acceptable to be rejected...and I shouldn't be complaining haha

But ya I know :\ every now and again I get a few tears in my eyes because I feel like I'll never find the girl of my dreams....maybe a girl...but not one who I'm totally head over heels in love with...rather those girls probably wouldn't feel the same way (as my life expereince has showed me).

Also, I see that you also are interested in men. I think the dating pool might be a bit larger for you than lesbians so take advantage of that :slight_smile:

3. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I would like one, but with a healthy balance of alone time. My past relationships have been with people who are too clingy, and that makes me lose interest in the relationship right away. Even if I really like the person in the beginning, being too clingy just ruins the relationship.

I had a gigantic crush on this girl who I was very close too as a friend before ever dating her. As friends, I cherished the time we spent together, and suffered in silence as she was oblivious that I was totally in love with her, until I couldn't resist telling her.

Using my charm and educated vocabulary, I made her fall in love with me, but it was too successful in the sense that all she wanted to do was spend time with me. It got to the point that I never thought it would: I was miserable in the relationship, she knew it, and I hated feeling that way, but she just wouldn't leave me alone. Why do some people insist on spending ALL their free time with you? During our relationship I didn't have any time to be with my friends cause she was so needy and clingy.

The weird thing is that in the previous years that we hadn't dated, I was obsessed with her to the point I would cry (if I was feeling like a woman) when she didn't message/call me or get angry (in guy mode) but once I had her, along with all of her attention, no matter how much I used to want her, the attention was overwhelming after the first few months.

Also I started to become more critical of her habits that somehow had escaped my notice before. One of them is that she wouldn't add anything interesting to our converations and she would just agree with me and not say much else. She also didn't follow through with her promises like when she said she would go vegetarian for me. I think when I was in love that I was too spellbound to notice, but once that went away she became a regular human, the relationship soured, and now we don't even speak to each other anymore and I dread getting an e-mail from her cause I want to keep it that way.

So when you're feeling sad about not being in a relationship, just think about the misery of the opposite is. I wasn't love-starved, on the contrary, I was overfed. The relationship began tasting like sweet, chocolate dipped strawberries and it concluded tasting like rotten onions.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still miss my ex terribly. We broke up nearly two months ago, initiated by her because she felt that she was no longer attracted to girls, and if she was to come to me today and say that her feelings had changed and she wanted to be with me again, I would say yes.

But she was the person who taught me that I can be loved, that someone can be attracted to me, that someone can want me and love me and be happy with me. I'd basically given up when we became a couple.

5. treeofleaves

haha. yeah but i am so over guys at the moment. they all annoy me. the very high majority of them are just mainstream idiots that try to be so masculine all the time...
    why cant guys just not care what other people think of them? i acctually think its worse in guys then it is in girls

:bang:

6. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    If you've ever seen the Tales from the Crypt episode called "Loved to Death" it was a lot like that.

7. ceilo

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    im free here :slight_smile:

just pm me, we could talk

8. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Or not, because you can't send PMs to other users as a Regular Member, and EC isn't a dating site anyway. :slight_smile:

9. Tzoa

I know what you mean! I only recently came out as bi, but I cannot stop thinking about having a girlfriend. I do have hope I'll find someone to be with some day. Finding bi, lesbian or queer women can be difficult, though. The only other people in my school's LGBTQ club are gay men. But there are some local groups outside of my school that are specifically for queer women. I joined one recently, and am looking forward to attending an outing with them.

#9 Tzoa, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  10. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd love a boyfriend, although I think my chances of finding one are even more slim now than they were before!

But I remain hopeful...eventually I'll find someone to hold me! :3

11. Emulator

My problem is just the opposite. I don't want to be in a relationship, but someone else wants to. She no longer talks with me (partly because there is nothing to talk about), but it's left me wondering if I should have accepted her request.

12. Tzoa

I don't think accepting a romantic relationship just to keep someone in your life would have been a good idea. It's not fair to the other person if your heart isn't in it, and I can't imagine that it would make you a happy camper.

13. Emulator

That's true. I'm open about it though, but maybe I should have replied differently instead of trying to avoid any questions. I didn't want to hurt her feelings by just saying frankly why I can't return her love... :confused:

---

Sorry, digression. Back to the original topic.

14. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I've been single for too long as well. I do have hope that I'll find someone to be with one day I just hope it's soon because it's annoying sometimes to be single.

15. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I want a girlfriend, but I feel like I will never have one. I feel like no one will ever love me. I can't imagine anyone putting up with me. I annoy myself enough. It also doesn't help that I'm not very out.

16. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Oh man, I'm still pinching myself that i have a girlfriend. But when we were first together she was my boyfriend...but then we came out to each other, switched roles, and it's been 13 months of insanity and happiness.

I doubt something like that will ever happen to me again.

17. fortheloveoflez

that sucks :frowning2:

---------- Post added 27th Oct 2013 at 11:46 AM ----------

still nice to have a large population like that (straight men) as an option though, and I'm sure they're some who don't behave like that

18. JakeHas

To me, looking isnt a bad thing of course, but waiting for that special someone can be worth it. I gave up looking for relationships all together until I met my current boyfriend. He's amazing in every aspect and truley the one I want to be in my life until the end. I waited and he came to me.
    Try not to rush life, it can end in tragedy if you end up finding somebody then losing them just like that. Don't get yourself heart broken.

19. 2112

I just want a boyfriend :icon_sad:

20. cdk

cdk

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A nice quote from Tumblr that perfectly sums up my feelings:

Im already pissed at my future girlfriend because it’s taking her for-fuckin-ever to find and fall in love with me