1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A rant about crushes (Sort of) - The Tornado Rant.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayTornado, Oct 29, 2013.

1. GayTornado

So today in class I heard that my crush (John) likes someone Coincidentally, one of my best friends, also named John, has everyone trying to find out who he likes (I already know who). I heard from one of the girls that John likes her,. I say that John doesn't like her but her friend corrects me and says that it is the other John.

/startrant
    What is this I don't even errrgh I have been waiting for so long, obsessing, loving him and I feel like I just got pushed out of line. Luckily for me *sarcasm*, John (my crush) is very popular (and cute) and so almost every fucking single girl in my year level wants him. I have waited far longer and most of these girls look at him for his popularity and looks, but ontop of that, I look at him for his personality. He's nice, smart, caring, British for Gods sake. He's exactly like me (except for the British part) and I LOVE me. There's so few bi/gay people, I have to get all of the friends I'm out to to see if there's anyone I could possibly date, and even then I might not like that person. I'm trying to make it seem obvious by always describing myself as fabulous BUT ONLY THE GIRLS ARE PICKING IT UP FFS sometimes I just hate being gay because we have the tinest dating pool and THERE IS NO ONE EVEN OUT AT MY SCHOOL. People say that it's too young to figure out your Sexuality at 12/13 but I beg to differ. Heterosexual sexualities are still SEXUALITIES. Why can almost everyone at my school have someone to (In the name of the Blues Brothers) hold, squeeze and please while I can't! ?!?!?!!?
    /endrant

2. Thursby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you know if he is gay? If he isn't, obsessing will not make him interested in you. I can tell you from experience that pining away for someone who cannot reciprocate the feelings is a pointless and maddening effort.

I used to think there was no one out there either but that's a common misconception. Yes it is true that there are less gay people out in the world when compared to straight people. But the numbers aren't as low as you think.

If you still don't believe me, read this:

How can I help my gay brother find a boyfriend? | Georgia Straight

I've come to realize there are some positives to this as well. With less choices, you are more likely to find a good guy because there are others out there thinking the same as you.

I agree that 12/13 is not too young to figure out who you are, but that doesn't mean you have to worry about finding someone right now. You have a long future ahead of you to be in relationships, just enjoy the simplicity of your life now. Go out and experience all the world has to offer. When its meant to happen it will happen.

#2 Thursby, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel for you man
    but at least enjoy the fact that you can have someone to crush on... Just butt right in and fight those girls for him xD

4. Saturn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    There may even come a point in your life when you fancy someone who is gay, but they're still not interested in you.

I'm really not trying to be cruel, just highlighting how life can be.