1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complicated situation involving three guys

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Pealicks, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Pealicks

Pealicks Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok so this is gonna be a loong post but bear with me please :/

I have a crush on a guy at my school. Let's call him C. I often catch c staring at me and then he looks away after about a second. I do the same a few times a day and get the same reaction. Occasionally when sitting next to him he would lightly wrap a few of his tigers around one of mine. Also one time after school, after mentioning that I straighten my hair every day before school, he said "isn't that generally though to as being quite, erm, effeminate?" And smiled a little while saying it. By the way, I'm not out to him but I am t nearly all of my close friend group. I don't Know whether he is straight, gay, bi or something else.

Doesn't seem that complicated? Just wait... I've known for about a year that a guy I really dislike but he doesn't realise this has a crush on me. Let's call him T. I only decided to start coming out a couple of months ago and I decided that I needed to be out to him and tell him that I like C to allow him to start getting over me. He took this as me saying I'm available and considering we hadn't spoken much previously, two hours afterwards, he invites me over to his house. You would assume that the solution would be to just go but not start anything. Not that simple - he has a history of coming onto guys he likes quite literally. So if I was to go, I would be scared out of my mind worrying about him trying to start something. Basically a really creepy guy. What I've done for now is to ignore all contact from him. Seems harsh but given the circumstances, me and one of my close friends (O) feel I'm justified in doing so.

To make things even more complicated, I came out to O because he is close friends with C. I also told O that I liked C which led O to come out to me and say that he likes C as well.

So my question is, how do I advance with C without upsetting O while removing T from the situation?:help:

2. dapulu

Here's my view:

If T is persistent, tell him that you do not like him and/or are not interested in him. Since O and you like the same boy, it's hard for your friendship to be all rainbows and happy times, unless someone moves on or backs off for the sake of your friendship. Is your friendship with O bearable if he starts something with C? Do you think O will be able to deal with you and C together?

If you want to advance on C then I highly recommend you first ask his sexual preference.

Best of wishes :slight_smile:

3. robclem21

date O? neither of you even know if T is gay so right now none of this is really all the relevant until you know if he is even interested...

4. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Best response ! (?) I know its weird, O and the OP are friends but... they must enjoy the company of each other, so, its an interesting idea?

I constantly crush on close male friends, sometimes I think I keep some distance and befriend girls for that reason, because in the end they are all straight haha

So, OP, have you ever considered that?

5. Pealicks

Pealicks Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks :lol: so it's simply a case of coming out to C then seeing what happens from there
    I'll do that then update you in a week or so :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

---------- Post added 31st Oct 2013 at 01:25 AM ----------

I'm not entirely sure what's happening here so I thought I would clarify :
    Me and O have a crush on C
    T has a crush on me

Looking back now I can see where the confusion was :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Pealicks

Pealicks Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hmm, O isn't really my type so I don't think that would work as of now - there is no attraction for him so meh
    I think I'm gonna come out to C and see what happens and I'll update you when I have more information(!)

7. robclem21

I wasn't confused. Just seemed like an obvious solution given you are good friends and both gay, thought it might be worth a shot. haha

But either of you going after C will almost 99% ruin this friendship so consider how much you value him as a friend also.

Coming out to C should give you your answer either way though.

8. Pealicks

Pealicks Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well I came out to him last Wednesday after school and he seemed fine with it . That was until about 1 hour later when T out of personal curiosity asked C whether he was gay/bi over Facebook. C put the two events together and knows I like him :bang: This made me seem kind of creepy. Also C said to T that he was straight but I don't think c would come out to t like that cause c hates t. C spoke to O about this who then told me. In short, he doesn't know I know he knows I like him. Also to make things even more complicated O told me he likes me. So what I'm planning is in the next week or so telling him I like him and getting a direct answer. He hasn't directly spoken to me so I'm guessing he is straight or is bi/ gay but doesn't like me like that but that's just my guess - will update in a few days

9. CircularCircle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know how you feel :frowning2: In my opinion though, you need to make sure that C knows that you know that he knows you like him. Not sure how to do it though, maybe you could ask one of your Facebook friends to tell him, and just say you were worried about appearing to be creepy or something?