1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this "straight" guy like me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rasengan, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Rasengan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So here's the story. School started back up a few months ago and there's this senior in my class, lets call him C. I've had a crush on C for a few months now. He is super nice and sweet. We've talked on facebook a few times and In my first hour class. He looks at me allot and in the halls when i see him he puts his arm on my shoulder and says "hey buddy" he tells me to have a good day in the mornings when i see him and this morning in the hallway he winked at me and smiled. I don't think he knows i like him but he does know i am gay. Hes had a girlfriend before and he is single now. Not sure if he is Gay or Bi or what. Are these normal things for guys to do? I mean we haven't really talked that much but hes super nice and sweet to me and smiles at me allot. I really do like him. But he touches me allot and teases me about my sexuality but in a nice funny way and i know hes joking and we both laugh. Anyway is he maybe just trying to be nice or could there possibly be something more? I don't know let me know what you guys think. Or what i should do about this....By the way first term ends in a few weeks so we wont have any classes and im afraid we wont even talk at all anymore. Ugh :bang:

2. Thursby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just wondering...what kind of things does he say?

Its difficult to tell in these sort of circumstances. He could just be a friendly person who isn't allowing your sexuality to intimidate him (like some straight guys do). He could also be on the DL and want something more. Regardless, I wouldn't be worried about your classes with him ending, because if he has feelings for you he will find a way to keep in contact (then you will know for sure how he feels).

3. Rasengan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This one time he was talking to my friend and he said "that sucks" and i didnt hear the rest of the convesation and i casually went up and said "what sucks?" and he said "you." nudging me with his shoulder laughing. It was really funny though. Anway i guess your right or well hope your right.

4. Thursby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just don't get too invested in this. I know you probably really want this to work out in your favor, but also prepare yourself just in case it doesn't happen. The sting of rejection hurts far more if you are taken completely by surprise. If he does turn out to be straight, take peace in knowing the whole thing was out of your hands. He may seem like "the one" now but there are plenty of other "fish in the sea". (I apologize for the tough love lol, I just don't like to see people get hurt by rejection..I've been there)

5. tango02

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think the key to knowing if a guy likes you is in the eye contact, because with most people, the eyes never lie. If you can't tell, find a friend who reads people pretty good, and let them watch when the 2 of you interact.

6. LuckyDalek

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I hope for the best. Also, try to look at it as what ever the outcome, you have a friend that accepts you being gay. Keep your chin up. :slight_smile:

7. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find that with us gay guys, we can easily misread general kindness from (straight) guys as them hinting at something or that they might be interested in some way. I wouldn't push things too much just yet and I would definitely let him make any "moves" or conversation regarding the matter if it does come up at some point. For the time being, I would just enjoy having an accepting friend and not look to deeply into things.

8. dapulu

So, have you asked him if he's straight? From the stuff he did you can't really say he's gay.

Flirt with him, see what happens.

That's my tip :slight_smile:

9. Aeriestars

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honestly he's probably doing it because he thinks it's funny. I had multiple friends like that in High School, he's definitely your friend and it's not to make you look like a joke - but he has a very playful personality and just liked to mess around.

10. Rasengan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The funny thing is i just recently found out he is BiSeuxal and has dated many guys before. A few friends told me just a while ago. Could this mean anything?

11. dapulu

If he is Bisexual and has experience, then GO FOR IT! Unless he's in a relationship...

I recommend flirting with him for a bit to see if he follows! :wink: