1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't even try

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sitri, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Sitri

I am terrified of rejection. Recently it has gotten so bad that I don't even try. The last thing I did was try out for my school's academic team, and tomorrow I learn whether or not I made varsity and I am absolutely terrified. If I didn't feel like some of the people there actually like me I doubt I would have made it through tryouts in the first place. I don't try to get closer to any of my friends, so I always feel like a third wheel when they are all together. Here's a fact: it is impossible to get the attention of somebody you like when you are terrified to do more than make eye contact and give them a smile. Lately it has gotten so bad that I won't even talk to somebody unless they speak to me first. I just... don't ... know what to do. I don't even know what I want.

2. Thursby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can NEVER stop trying, because once you stop you shut yourself out to ALL possible experiences. I know social situations are difficult, believe me I know exactly how you feel. But sometimes you just have to force yourself into these uncomfortable situations because it opens you up to chances you wouldn't normally have. After awhile, things start to get better and social stuff doesn't seem so hard. You will also notice your confidence building too :thumbsup:

As far as rejection is concerned, its just something that we have to muddle through to get to the good stuff in life. I have been rejected by guys so many times I have lost count, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop looking. The universe has a way of rewarding those who fight for what they want in life.

3. dapulu

It hurts when you fail, but it's worse when you don't try and then regret it.

Baby steps. Please, just one at a time. Failure makes us grow a lot :slight_smile:

4. gshemesh

gshemesh Guest

Out Status:
    All but family
    I too know exactly how this feels, its one things to have friends and be the third wheel, its another thing to not have anyone at all after high school. If you don't get a good job or continue to a four year college, you find yourself alone, slowly dying of isolation. Being around people is hard, and can be even worse when they disrespect you. I have it bad, my job doesn't have people to talk to, my education is taking classes at community college, which is a social nightmare, since everyone stays with there friends they knew before attending, it boils down to the only way to talk to a girl or guy is to go to a bar or cafe and even then your chances are slim. Consider yourself lucky that you have a medium to express yourself infront of people that might or might not be willing to listen, but they still are there. For me its a lonely dark road, and I am not sure if it ends well.

5. jessisgurl1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi gshemesh, I would like for you to read my coming out story please if you get a chance k, I think it may help. Have a good day sweety.