1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I asked my friend to set me up on a date, now I'm really nervous

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MtnFr3sh, Oct 30, 2013.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay... so, I asked my friend to set me up on a date. She said yes, then told me she thinks she knows somebody I might like. He's a senior, bi, likes anime (I just hope he won't criticize me about ones I haven't seen) But I've never met him. Apparently he goes to our school. She told me his name but I forgot. (I'm dumb like that) So I can't look him up in the yearbook.

I told her later on FB I would like to at least meet him first and get to know him. She said sure and she would try to get his number over the weekend.

Anyways, I don't know why, but I'm having second thoughts. Maybe it's because I've never really had a real date before so I don't know.... Guys, please help.

Also, almost forgot this, my mom doesn't know that I asked to get set up on a date so I don't know how that would work out. I could say for the first time it's a group of friends going out and get her to bring a couple of her friends so it's not awkward. Again, help

2. SilentCreatures

You'll be fine - pre date jitters are normal. It's also the reality of everything :slight_smile:

Go along without expectations. Just feel like you are meeting a friend for a coffee or something. Enjoy it :slight_smile:

Remember - at the end of the day - If you don't like it you call the shots. Call it a night politely.

Go for it and have fun :slight_smile: All the best

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never been on like a real date before, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

I think it's pretty normal to be nervous on a date, especially the first one. You'll both probably be just as nervous as the other, so just do whatever you can to make yourself not as nervous. I would think if you could maybe set up a double date with some friends, or just hang out with a group of friends, that can help.

Try to get to know him and stuff. Ask him about stuff he likes, and see if you all have a bunch in common. It's fine if you don't know everything about them on the first few dates, if you go out with them again. Don't focus all your attention on him, though(I think it's a bit creepy when people do), it's okay to say some stuff about yourself as well. Let things flow as they happen and don't try to force anything, because I would think that would be awkward as well.

Most importantly, have a good time! :slight_smile: Best of luck!

4. robotman

Don't be nervous. YOU ASKED FOR IT! haha xD... No seriously though, don't worry you will be fine, just be yourself and if you don't like him don't worry about it, you don't have to see him again.

I hope you have fun and I hope it goes well :slight_smile:.

5. Silver Sparrow

I've never been on a date either, but here's my two cents- try to get to know him as a friend first.