1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do about my friend's possibly bi boyfriend's antics ?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Beware Of You, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

Being gay and being a PhD candidate in Psychology (where there are a lot of girls in my college doing that) I am pretty much seen as "one of the girls" since all my friends are girls and I hang out with them a lot. I know its cliche but hey they are my friends.

Anyway one of them has a new boyfriend and he is freaking me out. When we were at this pub I popped off to the toilet and about a minute later her boyfriend appeared behind me (i was washing my hands) grabbed my butt and said that he "wants to take me home and f*** me all night" I told him no and I thought that was that.

Then a couple of days later I ran into him again and he then tried to kiss me in the open, I again refused, and someone gave him my number (the girl who gave him it said he wanted to get to know me since I "seem cool") and he just sexts me stuff at random.

Should I tell my friend about this, he is obviously Bi or Gay (wondering if its in the latter seeing how much he seems to lust over me)

2. Data

Data Guest

Eh, I wouldn't tell the girlfriend in hopes of her controlling his lust. She'll be mad he isn't be truthful, they might break up, and then he'll come at you full force.

If he isn't out, you shouldn't tell at first on principle. I just don't like when people out other people.

Is there a way you can solidly reaffirm your feelings? Make it click for him that you aren't interested?

If he does it several more times even after you tell him to stop again and again, then I suppose it would be ok to tell the girlfriend. Even though I don't like outing others, I FIRMLY believe that if you're in a relationship you shouldn't be seriously flirting or hitting on others.
    He's a little slimy, so it wouldn't be absolutely terrible if you were a little slimy to protect the girlfriend. Your loyalty is to her after all.

It's a tough situation he shouldn't be putting you in. :frowning2:

3. Hexagon

Give him the opportunity to stop, in the interests of allowing him to remain closeted - outing someone is not something to be taken lightly. But if he persists, then I think your friend needs to know.

By 'give him the opportunity', I mean tell him to stop or else you'll tell.

4. lovelyfake

Out Status:
    A few people
    Cheating is cheating. Its not so much about "outing" someone as it is about doing what is fair. Years later at the end of an abusive relationship imagine yourself saying, "Yeah i knew about his cheating a long time ago but i didnt want to hurt hiz feelings so I never told you."