1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messaging on Dating websites

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gibson234, Oct 31, 2013.

1. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So you search though people near you. Then what? What do you say to them. So far I'vd just said "hi" but I don't know if thats likely to get a response.

Any advice?

2. ryanalexander61

Don't just say "Hi." That doesn't indicate to the person that you have any specific interest in them or really open up any avenues of conversation.

Say something about yourself or what you have in common or something you liked from their profile. Demonstrate the reason you are interested in them.

For example, "hey man what's up? I also like XXX" or "hey man how's it going? I saw your profile and thought we had a lot in common, thought I'd say hi"

The goal of your message should be to open up conversation with the other person, so make it easy for them to respond. In addition, don't get discouraged if people don't respond. You have to be prepared for rejection, flakes, etc. when going about looking for people online, but it can be fruitful. Also, don't put too much pressure into meeting someone online. Just have causal, I'd say low expectations. Be open minded, but stick to yourself. Don't meet up until you are comfortable, and if the person is seeking something you don't want to do, be honest but remove yourself from the situation.

In response to another one of your threads I responded to...I understand meeting new people can be tough. But, remember, if you keep putting yourself out of your comfort zone and into new and challenging situations, you can grow as a person.

Best of luck,