1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My love life is terrible

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AlexTheBlogger, Oct 31, 2013.

1. AlexTheBlogger

Nobody ever loved me as more than a friend. I always felt like a weirdo, since all my friends had their relationships and I always was the third wheel. However, I accepted it and even liked the situation after some time (probably because I don't think I'm ready for a proper relationship).
    But that's not the point. Actually, it's more stupid than that, so here we go:

I met this guy on the internet. He is intelligent, cool, handsome and makes me happy. I kind of had/have a crush on him, but my world just got confused when he asked me out.
    Everything was okay until that. Not just because as I already said that I'm not ready for a proper relationship, but also because he lives in another country.

I don't know if I should accept it. It seems like he loves me more than I love him and deserves a better person. (And, of course, we have the "I'm-not-ready-for-that-shit" thing)

What should I do?

2. Thursby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate to be so straightforward with this and please don't take it the wrong way, but you can't really be in love with someone that you've never met in person. The fact that there is such a distance between you could become difficult. Relationships need that closeness and interaction to flourish. Don't feel that you have to dive into this relationship because you haven't found anyone right now. I understand that you don't feel ready yet, that's perfectly normal.

There's nothing wrong with you just because you aren't in a relationship. It doesn't mean no one wants to be with you, it just means that the perfect person for you hasn't walked into your life yet.

3. AlexTheBlogger

Hi, Thursby!

I do believe in long-distance relationships, but I don't have a problem with the ones who doesn't.
    And anyway, it's not a thing I want for me and if I'm not even ready to date someone close to me, imagine someone from another country!
    However, I think that's not even the problem anymore. Your message made me realise that I don't have to jump for the first that likes me. Maybe there is someone out there that was made for me, I don't know. But how do you reject someone? I never had to do that, I feel like crap...

Anyway, thank you for answering me :slight_smile:

4. Thursby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not maybe..there is someone out there for you!:thumbsup: Be positive! It will happen when you are ready for it.

Be honest and tell him what you just told me: You aren't at a point where you are ready for a relationship. You don't want to jump into one because it would ultimately hurt him and you. You care too much about him to throw everything away like that. Tell him you still want to be his friend because you value him in your life.