1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm terrible at relationships and need advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kuroi, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello everyone. I hadn't been online for a while and a lot has changed, some to better some to worse. I still hadn’t came out to my parents directly (they are so religious and I never was on good terms with them) however a lot of people know about my sexuality.

I seek help and advice on a situation with my friend, who i think might have feelings for me. I will try to give you as much information as possible but also try not to write a wall of text. Ok so there is this classmate of mine who at first didn’t really accept that i was gay, however i promised him that i would never-ever try anything on him because i think of him as friend. I'm no longer sure if he thinks that way too (i might just be fooling myself as i tend to do). For starters, on a 7 days field trip to Spain with whole school, he asked me if i wanted to hang out one night with him (somewhere where no one else is but not in his room). However that never happened because the first night that he got rather drunk he said some hurtful things about gays specifically (I really don't want to go in depth with it), however when the school year started he asked me what exactly did he say and apologized. Well, probably the most important thing he said there is that he believes in nature (Male and female should be together everything else is unnatural).

For now it doesn’t sound as if he is interested but things began changing when the school started. On the first day he asked me to sit with him during each subject (which we do) . He talks to me a lot and touches my things from pencil case (what did you think.. ). I noticed that sometimes he keeps his legs close to mine until i move it away. Before deciding to go on a field trip he asked me if i was going and only raised hand once he knew i would go. Recently he's been trying to go for a beer with me, however we both have a busy schedule so it’s hard to find a good day.

Well, a lot is happening between me and him but i really can't tell what and how should i react. Till now he hasn't had a girlfriend and I find it odd that he would be attracted to me and yet i feel so warm and happy next o him. I think that he might have feelings for me but can’t accept them. I don't want to force him to anything but I’m not sure how to move. I really would like to be with him though since he is everything I ever wanted.

2. memyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's possible he's gay, but if he is, he's deep in the closet and learning to accept himself. Whether he is or isn't, it's probably best to treat it as if he's straight. He sounds like a good friend. Though he said hurtful things towards gays, he apologized, and that's a strong character trait. Go get a beer with him, hang out, etc.. It also does sound like if he does make a move on you, it'll probably be when he's drunk :b.

If I were you, I'd just act on assuming he's straight. If he turns out to be gay, awesome, but there's also a good chance you'll find someone else too who is gay.

3. Dalmatian

People are often relaxed about physical closeness when they are comfortable around each other. Him letting his leg lean against yours or playing with your things or even much more (hugs, resting his head against your shoulder, playing with your hand) are all very common in strictly friendly relationship. He's relaxed around you and likes you as a friend; that part is clear. Anything else, even if it is true, doesn't necessarily follow from what you described. I would say that you should be cautious. He probably values your assurance of not trying anything with him. I mean, hey, maybe he does like you that way, but if you are wrong and anything happens, that could be destructive for your friendship. For example, if you both got drunk and he tried something, it would probably still be a very good idea to refuse him and then talk openly once sober.

Also, welcome back. Hopefully this means that your family's financial problems have been somewhat alleviated.

4. Zerfs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think he just being friendly

5. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aye I wouldn't read too much into this.
    Play it as if you're still friends. If something more emerges, then you can do whatever you see fit, but it'd be dangerous to incorrectly assume he's trying to tell you something and make a move, and then make things awkward. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Wb btw. :slight_smile:

6. dapulu

Unless he does make a move, and quite an obvious one, I'd follow what everyone said:"treat him as a straight guy". Also, remember that you promised him to not make a move on him. And if he makes a move then remind him of that. If he insists...well that's up to you :slight_smile:

Best of wishes :slight_smile: