1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He's so confusing! please help?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lovelife, Oct 31, 2013.

1. lovelife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I'm really confused and was wondering if I could get some advice. I've had class with this guy for 2 months now and he seems interested in me. We sit pretty much next to each other and he always turns in my direction to look at me. He does it quite a few times throughout class. I look back at him but he doesn't smile. We've started talking more lately and I added him on fb but I still haven't messaged him because I'm not sure. There are other signs that he's given me but maybe he just wants to be my friend? He hasn't messaged me either though so that's why I'm so confused. He has a lot of girls that like him but he has no pics of him and a girl on fb...

---------- Post added 31st Oct 2013 at 04:27 PM ----------

And a girl in my class added him after I did. But after class he said bye to me not her.. she gave me this strange look. Lol

---------- Post added 31st Oct 2013 at 04:35 PM ----------

I like him so much it's almost pathetic.

2. ryanalexander61

Why don't you initiate contact outside of class? Try to hang out with him and pursue a friendship?

His friending you on Facebook, looking at you, saying bye good all mean that he is just a friendly person, so there isn't much sense in analyzing that too much.

3. lovelife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe I am over analyzing it. I read somewhere we tend to create an unrealistic picture of the situation in our favor. Idk. I don't know how to approach him to hang out. There's always people around.

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just go say hi, start conversations etc.
    can't hurt to make a friend :slight_smile:

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, try to find ways of spending time with him outside of class (and outside of FB). Try doing some weekend activity or even something simple as going for coffee.

6. lovelife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just an update--

We've been chatting regularly on fb and I'm pretty sure he likes me.. Still very confused.

7. ryanalexander61

Do you think he likes you solely because the frequency of which you chat or because of what he says?

8. lovelife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think both, as well as the consistency.

9. ryanalexander61

Well, the frequency likely doesn't give any indication that he might have feelings for you. Some people are just chatty.

If you are chatting a lot, have you made any attempt to hang out outside of class?

10. lovelife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah that's probably it. I hung out with him and I think he just wants to be friends. I've reached out to him but I think he might be straight.. maybe bi?. I'm going to back off now. He knows I'm interested, and if he really wants to be more than friends, I'm sure he will let me know.

11. lovelife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm lost.

I'm pretty sure he knows how I feel about him because he's given me hints that he's read this thread. It also could be a huge coincidence but the odds of that are just crazy. I don't know if he's doing it just to let me know that he knows how I feel about him, if he's doing it because he really does like me back, or if he's doing it because he has some bet with other people to see if he could get me to come out. I know if I was straight and some guy added me on fb and started chatting with me I would wonder what's going on. I almost told him tonight but then he brought up the fact that he hasn't seen any hot girls at our college. I truly am completely lost. If he's straight I really don't want to fall for him harder than I already am. I am friends with a lot of straight guys but I know they're off limits and would never make them uncomfortable. He remains so mysterious though.. I also don't want to tell him how I feel because if he actually is straight, I'll lose a great friend as well. But then again if he is straight, maybe he agreed to hang out with me because it would be rude to say no? I'm my opinion it's not really fair if he is reading this because he knows how I feel and is just playing with my feelings. I'm at a lost EC. Sometimes I wish I was straight because it would be soooooooo much easier. But because I'm not, I'm forced to play games with a potential straight guy. Which I'm very uncomfortable with.

12. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First, don't assume too much, but base your ideas on what you yourself have observed. You know him better than any of us. It is unlikely he would be doing this as a bet because most straight guys are usually actively trying to avoid even seeming gay, let alone playing along. Also, for a guy (gay or straight) to go through all that trouble, he must be a very good liar.

I think you should continue being friends but try to focus your attention on someone who is more promising.

13. lovelife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Alright thanks! I'll keep hanging out with him and see if it gets us anywhere.