1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas for fun things to do with somebody?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Flynn, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Flynn

Heya Everyone :slight_smile:

6 weeks ago I started a thread about coming out of the closet to join my first ever LGBT social group. Whilst there, I accidentally developed a crush on the very first guy I met (lol). Let's call him SAM. Not wanting to wait until the next meeting to see Sam, thanks to some AMAZING advice, I sent him a few messages through facebook, one thing led to another... we've built a rapport and I'm pretty sure we've become friends, haha :icon_bigg. In the last 6 weeks, we've spent a whole day together just the two of us, gamed online together, gone to a meeting together, grabbed food together... things are going well :slight_smile:

Now onto the problem!

We're going to meet up again next week and i'm really nervous! This will be the second time we'll be spending time together (just the two of us). The problem is, Sam lives 2 hours away! I can't let him come all this way just to see me, and not have something AMAZING planned. I'd really love some ideas from you guys, what the two of us could do together??

He's going to be coming over to my place.
    I have two activities planned. The rest of the time I have no idea what to do with!
    Having someone over isn't something i've done since since I was like, 10! :lol:

• Lunch is definitely on the books. He knows I like to cook, and i'm pretty damn good at it! I have an awesome, easy menu planned that we'll make and then eat together... I know what he likes to drink so he's not gonna go thirsty... and hopefully if I pull it off right, my pre-prepared video game / meme based dessert will provide us with a few laughs.

• In the evening we're gonna see a movie. Not just any movie! and not just any cinema! It has to be the world's biggest screen, lol. He hasn't been before so I want to take him. He likes the marvel/comic movies, and the new Thor came out yesterday... so that's perfect!

There's a 4 hour gap in-between eating and going to the movies that I need to fill...
    We don't necessarily have to stay at my place...
    But he's on a budget so nothing that involves spending money...

Curse my inexperience. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated!
    Thankyou!

#1 Flynn, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  2. Californiacoast

I suggest something outdoors. If a nearby park, lake or hiking trail, it gives you a chance to walk and talk since everything else is indoors and passive.

3. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me it sounds like you are tring too hard. A great meal that you cooked yourself sounds pretty special in itsef and the theater sounds cool. The wanting the whole 4 hours between to be totally awsome sounds like overkill. Why not just hang out and enjoy each others company? If you feel like you need to do something keep it simple the key is to enjoy each others company not to impress him with an awsome time. Think about it say you cook him an amazing meal, fill the next 4 hours with an amazing time, and then go to the biggest theatre in the world. What would you do on your next date? Are you going to try to top this date? If so how? Or you could spend some time getting to know him IRL and then next time you go on a date the only thing you would need to do to assure an amazing time is show up.

4. ryanalexander61

I kinda agree with red...you don't have to try so hard! If I was even remotely interested in someone, or even just thought maybe I could possibly be interested in someone, yeah doing super-fun amazing things is nice, but honestly I would just want to spend one-on-one time with the person. That could be as simple as watching t.v. together or going on a long walk.

Remember, he is coming to spend time/get to know YOU! He wouldn't be driving 2 hours otherwise.

5. Flynn

haha! Yeah... I guess i'm driving myself needlessly crazy coming up with things to do, and I should just relax and let the rest happen as it may.

Some good old fashioned 'chilling out' eh? sounds good.

Thank you for pointing that out guys, I think I needed to hear it :thumbsup:

6. biggayguy

How well do you know this guy? You could spend the time just getting to know each other better. What's his favorite food? What's his favorite color? Does he have any hobbies? Does he have any siblings? I'm not saying to interrogate him. Just have a nice give and take of information. Maybe you could start by asking what he wants to know about you?

7. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met a guy last weekend and went back to his house before i came to work today. Guess what we did? We sat on his couch with his head on my lap and watched 3-4 episodes of "The Micheal J Fox Show" that he had on his DVR. (I'd never seen it before). We just relaxed and enjoyed each others company.

8. Flynn

@biggayguy

I know the basic details of his life, and some of his interests, but I definitely still feel like there is a lot more to discover and i'd really like to find out. Some good old fashioned conversation is definitely something I want to do. Its been difficult though cause I like him and he makes me so nervous and shy, and it can be difficult getting the words out at times!

@redneck

Sam kinda has a short attention span when it comes to certain things, and doesn't like sitting still for too long. Also, it turns out he wants to come over for a longer period of time than I had thought/intended. I am kinda freaking out right now at the thought of keeping him entertained for that long. I'm really not that good at this, lol and I just don't want to screw things up.

Oh, why can't I just relax!

9. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I second the outdoors thing. When you're walking amongst natural settings, you will have unique memories (and photos), and you won't have to talk always because you'll have to pay attention to where you're going. Also, like others have said, having everything planned in advance leaves little room for improvisation or spontaneity.