1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biphobic mother

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Anonymous, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Anonymous

My mom is biphobic. She completely supports homosexuals, but she thinks bisexuals are confused and can't decide weather they like men or women. She even had me believing this for a while, and I used to hate myself for being bi. It's upsetting when I hear my mom talking about this (I cry almost every night), but I am afraid to say anything about my own sexuality to her. I hate her for it, and I hate myself even more.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "she thinks bisexuals are confused and can't decide weather they like men or women."

Have you ever thought to ask her WHY this is a bad thing?

3. Silver Sparrow

I'm sorry you are going through this.

4. CthulhuFhtagn

Half an hour out from the middle of nowhere.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I used to think that too, and so I was very confused when I came out to myself. It's hard because it seems to me that a lot of people are like that. But something that I realized is that it doesn't really matter what other people think so long as YOU are comfortable with YOURSELF. I do think that it's important that you are honest with people about who you are, because living a lie sucks. Believe me, I know. But after that, you can't control what they think. And for me, that's okay. Everyone's entitled to an opinion. And anyway, people tend to change their thinking when someone really close to them turns out to be bi. I hope I helped...