1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on a straight(?) guy, being bullied about it.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by IgiariBeast, Nov 1, 2013.

1. IgiariBeast

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, after coming out to my school, I developed a crush on a guy who, according to other students, is in questioning. I told 2 people and everyone found out, including my crush. People started making nasty rumors about me trying to assault someone else crushing on him. Someone even managed to get my Instagram account removed by making up twisted stories and getting school official to look at me as a bad person. Just today, I was at a school dance. People started telling him and his friends that I was following him and taking pictures. Everyone was making fun of me and bulling me to he point where I ended up crying in the bathroom and calling my mother to come pick me up. Every chance I had with him is gone, and the whole school, including administrators, is discriminating and bullying. I need help on how to cope with this.

2. JessicaHolst143

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    you shouldn't have told those 2 people :frowning2:
    next time you should pick the people your gonna tell your secrets to,
    they need to be really your true friends and you know that they are trust able :slight_smile:
    maybe you can tell him your own story? tell him the real thing.
    I'm not actually good with stuff like this :frowning2: but I hope your alright.

3. StephenSC

I'm so sorry to hear this story. I was lucky enough to never be on the receiving end of any direct bullying, though I saw what it can do to others while I was growing up. I could tell you all the clichés about how it will only make you stronger in the end and persevering will build character, but I know they are too hard to believe when your in the thick of it.

One thing I can guarantee you is that not everyone is against you, I'm sure there are people there who don't buy into the lies and rumours, chances are there are some people who are on your side. They just can't speak out against them for fear of what it will do to them. Be strong, be proud of who you are, and try not too worry about what a few narrow-minded bigots says.

Like I said, I've no direct experience with this type of thing, so the following is just opinion (not experience). As for your crush, to me it seems you have nothing to lose now either way, I'd tell him your side of the story... Let him know you may have been slightly interested but weren't stalk-y or anything stupid like that. If nothing else maybe he will understand and you too could become friends. (Keep in mind it's unlikely though, but I think it's a chance worth taking)

I wish you all the best mate, remember your not alone.