1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it smart to ask someone....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dakine, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    Is it smart to ask someone why they deleted you off Facebook if u strongly suspect the reason they did is cause they're trying to suppress their sexual feelings for you.

The person in question is my good friend and roommate. He does several things that weirdly point to a sexual attraction to me. He is of course "as straight as an arrow" but too any signs point differently. Some signs too embarrassing to bring up to him. I was thinking as a way to maybe get him to open up a bit was to confront him on why he deleted and blocked me on FB. I can't even search for him, yet he will look at his FB right in front of me so I know he has it. We had no fights or arguments that led up to this. In fact we weren't even within 4 hours drive of each other when he deleted me. He has also deleted me off twitter a few months prior for no reason at all, however I can still see his tweets and one just a day or two before he deleted me off FB he made a tweet about there is always someone you think about every day.

The reason I think he deleted me off FB is cause when I told him I had feelings for him a few months back, I told him I was going to delete him off FB to see if I could get better control of my feelings. So I'm wondering if he is following the same idea to see if it works. He also was a person who would avoid me for days and weeks every time it seemed like we were really getting along. He often needed "space" even though we rarely hung out and barely texted more than 10 exchanges a week.

We get along extremely well now that we r living together so it is soooooo weird he would delete me off FB. As I said, I feel like he did it to see if he could get me off his mind as much as I was. But with him openly looking at his FB in front of me, I'm wondering if he's wanting me to confront him on it?? It's been almost 3 weeks and I've yet to say anything to him about it cause I often thought he played head games as well so I didn't want him to know it hurt me. But I feel it is a sexuality issue with him so I'm afraid to confront him out of fear it may push him further into the closet. I really don't know what to do.

2. Mystory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh just ask him directly "how come you deleted me off facebook? I'm just curious". trust me there's nothing wrong with that at all- he is your friend and roommate after all.

3. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You could tell him you noticed he deleted you on FB, and simply mention you hope it wasn't because of anything you did, and that he can always talk to you about it if he wants to. It is a bit strange that you are still roommates and he deleted you.

You're right that confronting him about being in the closet or in denial is probably the last thing to do if you really want to help him.

One more angle to look at, what kind of things do YOU post and like on FB? Anything his family or friends might tease or judge him about? Or he might not want to see on a daily basis (whether he's "questioning" or not)? Do you have a history of "drunk posting" on other people's walls?

I should change my name to Slowtypingyodais ...

#3 awesomeyodais, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  4. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    Actually we first became friends through FB. He liked almost all of my statuses and I make A LOT lol. It was actually like we were both trying to get each other's attention. I'd make statuses just hoping he'd like them...and he liked pretty much everyone. So yah, the stuff I post on FB he's used to and actually likes. We also aren't just roommates but rather good friends who decided to live together. His words a few times were to "move to a new city and start a new life together".....so yah we have a really good bond....which makes this extremely strange

---------- Post added 1st Nov 2013 at 07:15 PM ----------

Also if he had a real issue with my FB postings I'd hope he'd know deleting me and blocking me would be much more awkward than telling me to stop posting certain things on his wall if that was his issue. But the last thing I posted on his wall he told me to lol

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, since you warned you were going to delete him first, is this really so unexpected? Maybe he was trying to do a "preemptive strike". Why did you not end up deleting him first?

I agree that the least confrontational way to ask him is to suggest that you think you did something to upset him, in which case he can either say yes, there was something upsetting, or say no (which is more awkward in justifying why he would delete/block you, but still possible).

6. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh I deleted him and requested back way back in January, him deleting and blocking me is within a few weeks. Plus he was supportive of me deleting him and we both knew it was just for a short time to see if it helped me. There was no ill feelings. He was supportive of my decision to delete him

7. puppy1000

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Just mention something like ohh that cool new "video, link, blah blah etc" you should post on my facebook wall or drop some kind of hint like if it was his birthday and you usually rely on facebook to know people's birthdays then just be like " ohh my bad didn't know it was your birthday, I need facebook to remind me" and then he will be like yeahhh about that...