1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating Advice PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HarryIsCute, Nov 1, 2013.

1. HarryIsCute

Hey Everyone,

I'm a Senior in High School, but only do two classes because I'm homeschooled cause my county allows that. Well here is what I need advice about...

There is a girl I like, I've liked her for not really that long. I told her about a month ago, and she said that she felt the same way. We hung out once and she kissed me and that is all. The very next day she says that she wants to take it slower and that she doesn't have time for a relationship. We still walk each other to classes and sit together at lunch, sometimes we'll hang out in a group; that brings me to last night...

Last night, after all the kids had gone inside, some of our friends and us all went out walking around downtown. There was a little bit of Vodka involved but not really that much. It was my first time drinking and I had enough not to be really drunk but just drunk enough that it took me an extra 30 minutes to walk home (couldn't walk and text well). While texting her I said some really stupid stuff that I don't want to go into detail about my stupidity but in short I went off about how I don't want to let something good pass me by, that I thought I should have kissed her goodbye, and stupid stuff like that... WELLLL she ends up telling one of our mutual friends (probably more) but he tells me that she told him that, and that she was dropping hints about something (didn't catch what about)...

Well I think she doesn't like me as more than a friend, and honestly, I kind of just want to completely shut her off and not talk to her for awhile right now. Maybe instead I'm feeling that I should tell her I just want to be friends.

Any advice appreciated.

2. Saturn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hey there,

From my experience, you more likely to act like a fool than gain magical confidence after drinking. Basic rule of thumb, if you need to deal with something important - lay off the retard sauce. :slight_smile:

That aside, I think that both your reactions are normal, and not mutually exclusive!

You want to be friends - that's great. It shows you that your connection was more than just a superficial one.
    But the fact is you had/have feelings for her and that's not a sin.

I reckon you should tell her you want to be friends and then take some time away from her just to help you move on. Once you've sorted out your heart and head, you can go back to a nice friendship :slight_smile:

Just don't obsess about her or the situation. 1. You have a life independant from her. 2. That's the best way of ruining everything.

All the best :slight_smile: