1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AlexJK, Nov 1, 2013.

1. AlexJK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to my boyfriend of two years as transgender today...
    he understands but we had to break up. He wants to still be friends, but it's so awkward talking to him and not being able to hold his hand or hug him. Especially since I really need him right now while I'm dealing with coming out and where to go from here. But he doesn't know how to talk to me about any of this, he can't see me as a guy. All he sees me as is the girl he was in love with that he had to let go. It's the hardest thing in the world to try and act like you're okay and that you can be normal around the guy you were with for two years, that you love so much. I do want to stay as at least his friend, but I don't know how I should act around him. It's just strange to go from an intimate romantic relationship to just friends.

2. Sully

I hope you're doing okay. I don't really have any good advice, maybe just things to think about. Maybe give yourself some distance between the 2 of you? So you're not constantly reminded of him. And that you can both have a bit of space.

3. AlexJK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel like it would be almost harder to stay away from him, but I really don't know. I think I'll be okay after a while. It's just hard to adjust to.

4. toushirojaylee

Be strong..You'll be fine..

5. musicrebel

That sucks.
    Be strong, alright? It may be tough for him as well receiving this, but I'm sure if he still wants to be friends with you, he accepts you. You might need to explain to him why you're trans because he may feel that he did something wrong and you "changed your gender". I dunno how that goes, I hope you understand what I just tried saying.

6. AlexJK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He knows it's not because of him, we talked it through. We both know that being friends is going to be hard, but he understands it.