1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clingy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JakeHas, Nov 2, 2013.

1. JakeHas

I need help... I'm too clingy :/ I seem to always need to know where my boyfriend is and when and what he's doing. I try to talk to him whenever I get the chance, and I feel like it's starting to affect us. How can I stop being so clingy? I've tried to get involved in other things, but whenever I try, I can't get him off of my mind!!
    It sucks :/

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe you should try meditation. You could do creative things like playing music, drawing/painting, or even writing. Even reading a book or watching a movie can provide a good distraction. Also, spend more time with other people like friends and family.

Overall, you should try to focus inwardly on your self. When you get the urge to contact you're boyfriend, ask yourself: How long have we last talked? Am I doing this because I really need to talk, or am I just doing this to get a response from him? Does he sound annoyed?

This is a little like how young children who are afraid of the dark ask their parents to check on them at night. They fear the facing unknown alone.

3. dapulu

What resu said!

Also, try doing exercise or sports. It takes a bit of time, but I'm sure you can do it :slight_smile:

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Jake,

One point that Resu alluded to above is important. If you focus on doing things that are interesting to you, on your own and that take a certain amount of time and commitment, you will find that when you do speak to your BF, you will have more interesting things to share with him.

I know you are pretty exhausted from your other activities, but a little more focus on those and a little less time on the computer could do a world of good for your relationship.