1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I just being paranoid?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by amoore658, Nov 2, 2013.

1. amoore658

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've been "exclusively" dating this guy (and vice versa) for the past 2-3 weeks. I really like him, but right now I'm a bit paranoid:

* Stayed over at his house Thursday night and most of Thursday day,
    * back again last night, until about 2 today.

We didn't have any definite plans for tonight, but the "loose" plan had been either out for drinks with his work friends, or just sitting into watch TV.

His roommate (a girl) was going to a Tranny show tonight. He then texts me at about 4 oclock and says he's going to that as she "had a spare ticket"? (How did she get a spare ticket within the space of four hours since we last saw her?)

I don't know... maybe I'm reading into it too much, but his texts did seem a bit blunt/matter of fact? It's so strange as earlier today, he was talking about us in the future sense i.e. when my flat mate moves out, you won't recognise this apartment etc?

I know this sounds so stupid, but I do really like him and he "really likes me" (or so he says)

2. dapulu

Paranoid

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My advice with all suspicions is to take things at face value but be prepared to deal with whatever happens. Basically, whatever someone says, look at their actions first. From this post, we can't really decide whether this is normal or not for him to change plans so quickly, and since you two didn't have definite plans, maybe he thought it was acceptable (though, it is ultimately inconsiderate). If this happens frequently, then you need to either make more definitive plans or ask him why he keeps flaking on you.