1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does she like me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ominous, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Ominous

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Im not sure where to start...I'm recently married/civil partnered and completely out at work. 7months ago my team got a new boss. I guessed she was gay from the start and it wasn't long before she came out to me. Her sexuality isn't common knowledge, only a few if us are aware. She has a partner.

We have met up for lunch a few times recently, with her mostly her suggesting that we "go for a coffee". To be fair I'm not completely innocent in instigating this further. Things always seem a bit awkward between us yet she seems to have gravitated towards me more than anyone else in the team. A colleague has mentioned that perhaps my boss would be interested in a "work fling" and despite my protests that she is happy in her relationship, my colleagues suggestion that she would be interested is nagging at me.

Is she interested in me? Am I interested in her? Is it purely platonic? I don't know if maybe I'm reading too much into our interactions because I actually want her to be interested. But why would my colleague be so adamant?

Help!

2. Gen

Gen

First, Welcome to EC! (^_^)^

Secondly, it isn't really possible for any of us to accurately assess the situation over the internet. It is possible that she could be interested in starting something with you, but it is also possible that she could only simply be interested in gaining a friend with a common orientation. Its a toss up.

I would say the best way to handle this situation would be to be cautious of the singles that you might be sending to her. If she seems to be getting a bit to close, flirty, or personal, I would just change the subject to how your wife and her partner are doing as a nonchalant reminder.