1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get over him

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Noivern, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Noivern

Noivern Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I cannot get over him. I will try not to go into detail, because I will be going on forever, but I met this guy who I thought liked me but he didn't. I told him that I liked him and he just said that is very sweet and thought I was drunk but I told him I wasn't. People warned me about him and told me he is a dick and I know he is, but I can't get over him. Just when I think I am getting over him, something happens and all those feelings come rushing back.

I checked the app I met him on about an hour ago and it showed him to be really close to my house. It pissed me off because when we would plan to meet, he would always say that he hasn't got no money or he can't come to where I live because it's too far away. He is in a relationship now and he posted something on fb about that when you're single no one wants you, but when you are in a relationship, everyone wants you. I wanted him when he was single and he knew it.

He was never mine and he never will be mine. I have accepted that but I can't get over him. I try to look at other guys, but they are nothing compared to him. I did think I had a chance with him and it did boost my confidence knowing that someone as good looking as him liked me. Now I know it isn't true, all that confidence is gone and it makes me wonder if there is something wrong with me because I haven't been in a relationship.

I want to get over him but I don't know how to. If I delete him on fb, how will know that something is wrong but I don't want him to know. I wish I never met him because he has just caused me too much pain. Sorry for whining, but it hurts so much.

2. SecretlyASloth

That's a tough situation. My advice would be to not worry about him knowing that your disturbed or not. Focus on you getting over him. The most fool-proof way I've heard is to just disconnect from that person. Not necessarily abruptly, but fade out for a while, do some work get yourself into a new routine, and then reconsider everything. Letting go is hard :frowning2:. Best wishes!