1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this guy hitting on me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AnonymousForeve, Nov 3, 2013.

1. AnonymousForeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been working as a waiter for a few months now and there's this guy who I work with that's been acting weird around me. At first, I just figured he was just really friendly and welcoming when it came to new employees, but then, he started making these flirty comments (for example: "Is it hot in here or is it just you?"). He'd also call me things like "baby" and other such pet names. He's also said "I love you" to me in a serious, non-jokey kind of way (which felt incredibly random, since he came up to me, said that, and just walked away). At this point, I thought he just had a weird sense of humor... but then, he started getting all touchy feely. Sometimes, he'd come from behind me, put his hands on my shoulders, lean really close to me and ask me how I was doing while I was doing something in a kind of low voice. Other times, he'd smack my ***. He'd also sometimes hug me before I leave. He always seems pretty happy whenever I'm around, which is kind of odd, since I usually don't get noticed by anyone (it's as if I'm a ghost or something). I've caught him staring at me several times from across the restaurant as well. To be perfectly honest, I kind of like the attention (since I'm a closted homosexual and therefore can't be in an actual relationship until I get a better job and can afford to live by myself), but he has a girlfriend. So basically, what do you guys think? Is he hitting on me? And if he is, should I try to stop it since he has a girlfriend?

2. GayNerd

It does sound like he's hitting on you. Since he has a girlfriend, you should probably ask why he's hitting on you. Then you can see what he says next. If he says he likes you more than friends, ask him what he'll do about his girlfriend. You can see what goes from there.
    Good Luck! :grin:

3. Jeph

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you didn't like it, what you've described would be practically borderline sexual harassment. :lol: He's definitely hitting on you. Have you done anything to encourage this?

4. AnonymousForeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I sometimes feel myself blush when I'm around him and I kind of act nervous around him, so I guess he picked up on the fact that I like him :icon_redf

5. AnonymousForeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yesterday was interesting... He asked for help with something and when I helped him, I looked at him, he smiled and said "aw, you're so cute". He's always dated girls, but it's this kind of stuff that makes me wonder if he might be bi or gay. What do you guys think?

6. Saturn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Sounds like he needs to come to EC and get help confronting himself.

anyone else think it's really unfair to lead someone on like this?

7. AnonymousForeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel kind of bad for him, to be honest (I mean, assuming if he's gay). From what little he's told me about his family, it sounds like he comes from a pretty religious household. I mean, I technically do too, but I've secretly been an atheist for a long time now. He might be conflicted about his religious teachings and his sexuality. It's not like that's a rare case. The fact that his family members might reject him for it doesn't help much, either.

Of course, a lot of this involves assumptions on my part, but this is essentially the same story I've heard from most of the LGBT people I know, both in real life and on the internet.