1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents found out we had sex and is forcing us to break up

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by waterbottle, Nov 3, 2013.

1. waterbottle

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone,

I'm currently in a relationship with my gf of 4 years. This morning her dad found out we had sex and is extremely angry now. He is forcing us to break up but I am planning on going to talk to him to make things better. What should I say to him? Is talking to him even a good move to "calm things down?

I'm 20 and my gf is 2 months shy of being 18.
    *We are both girls btw

2. fortheloveoflez

So is he upset because it's a homosexual affair?

If that's the reason then you will probably need to explain that this is how you feel and you are both happy that way and are not happy another way. Any thing that he will say will not change your orientation and it's his choice whether or not he wants to accept it because giving up your happiness to live a closeted life isn't on your to-do list.

3. tommyj

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I understanding wanted to please your parents, but you are both adults past the age of concent I don't know how he can make you do anything. I would try to get him to understand that you are an adult and can make choices for yourself. Just my $0.02

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually, her girlfriend is "just shy of being 18", which means she's legally a minor and this could be considered statutory rape in some places. So, she needs to be very careful not to get in trouble with her girlfriend's parents. Moreover, I think a lot of dads would be very protective of their teenage girls, and in this case maybe he also was not approving of the relationship (there are too few facts for us to know).

edit: age of consent depends on the state

#4 resu, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  5. Sarcastic Luck

That's what I was thinking, especially since they've been together for four years and there's a two year age difference, meaning: 14 and 16, 15 and 17, 16 and 18, etc.

Three of those ages are kinda iffy, especially the 15/17 one since in many places, the age of consent is 16, but in other places it's as high as 18.

It very well could be the age difference.