1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thanks, world, for making me unsure again

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by koolkat, Nov 3, 2013.

1. koolkat

koolkat Guest

hi guys! i thought about posting this in the orientation section, but for the most part it doesn't apply.

at school (very small, as i live in a small town), i'm very tight with a group of three or four girls at school. this doesn't apply to most boys, and this is where one of the problems might begin (But ill get to that).

essentially, the issue is that there is girl (let's call her Kayla, for fun's sake). Kayla and "Cory" are... well let's just call it a couple. Now i don't want to turn this thread into Yahoo answers, but essentially here's the problem. i get kind of jealous when they always talk (in the halls, after school, what have you). it makes me think that Kayla and I could be that close. And I was trying to Skype Kayla earlier today, and I knew she was talking to Cory on it (because they fucking always talk on skype and later i asked her and she said she was).

This has left me in a fucking galaxy of ten million different emotions and i've just been freaking out, going from "looks like im sane enough to watch Bravo on TV" to "why can't Kayla and i be best friends anymore we've been so close since 1st grade!". I feel like I am in denial if I truly do have a crush on her (because it took me long enough to accept i was gay), but the landmark crush things aren't there. I feel like an hungry, ungrateful attention whore. What do you guys think?

<3 andrew thx for reading through this massive ass wall of text

2. palimpsest

Here's a question for you, does it feel like you are loosing a best friend?

I had this phase when I was a lot younger. The girls and the boys all started dating, and I had a lot of really close relationships with some of the girls. Then, they had relationships with their boyfriends. I figured, crap, maybe I should date someone. Tried, never took, never changed except that I was able to maintain exclusive time. These weren't about emotional attachments, nor were they crushes, they were more like close confidants.

That is what I was reminded of anyway when reading your post. Of course a close relationship is not like being in a relationship, it has taking much longer to own the fact that for that sort of joy, I was fishing in the wrong pond. Hope this helps.

3. koolkat

koolkat Guest

That is exactly what I was thinking. Now I can put words to it.

Thanks a bunch!

4. palimpsest

No problem, and if your case is similar to mine, glad it wasn't just in my head.