1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Girls Falling Hard for Gay Guy, annoying AF

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by WanderingGhost, Nov 3, 2013.

1. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This has been annoying me for a while and since my friends started to notice too, I guess it's enough of an issue to rant about in here.

So we have a gay friend that came out to us last summer. The thing is he has a bit of a fangirl base. Why? Because he's pretty. Nothing you'd look at twice but he's still good looking. Maybe the most in class because we have a pretty small class. These girls have little to nothing in common with him and just like him cause he's cute.

Do the girls know he's gay? Yes. One of them was the first person he came out to. When he told her this girl was basically in tears and pulling her hair out. See, she was/is a homophobe. And when he told her he was gay she told us... So he never really came out to us, she just told everybody... But he doesn't know that. She always kinda had a thing for him and whenever she saw him she'd squeal his name and hug him real tight... But just him, nobody else. And she'd tell me about how 'sweet' he was, but ever since I told her I was bi she hasn't even talked to me.

Nowadays it's like she's trying to grasp onto nothing. Hugging him and laying her head on his shoulder literally every hour... Fixing his hair... "You need knew shoes" "You have to be fabulous" "Let's go shopping" One of my friends in particular doesn't like when she says that cause it seems like she's making fun of him. She treats him like he's the only person in the world. She has like this favoritism with him and it's constant and all of us notice. It's starting to get really annoying and we're all just "Why...?" I mean she doesn't really have anything in common with him. He's just kinda cute so she's all head over heals for him.

The other girl just had this obsession with him, and he never really liked her. One day on fb she tried to talk to him but he kinda just brushed it off and she uploaded a status saying "It feels so horrible when one of the most important people in the world to you doesn't wanna talk to you" I showed that to him and he almost shit bricks. Then he immediately told her he was gay. Then the next day her status read "Things happen for a reason." But she still won't back off, even when he's with us (his friends) she'll always call him over and separate him from us and be all clingy. On one occasion she had ice cream and she offered him some. He said he didn't want any but she kept insisting until he agreed and she spoon feed him. Then she took a spoonful herself with the same spoon... It's called an indirect kiss. I know she wanted to taste his spit because it's not like she offered anybody else some of that ice cream. Sometime's she grabs his arm and they look like a couple. He wants to get a bf but how is he supposed to if people think he's dating her. And he doesn't really like being touched either but he's too shy to say anything about it.

This really started to bother me so I talked to close mutual friends about it and these are some of the things they said.

"No matter how much they try to change or change him, even if they cut off a dick and sow it down there... They're just friends, and that's aaaall they're ever gonna be."

"Having a gay friend is one thing, and having unrequited love is another."

"It's like their trying to turn him straight by constantly harassing him."

"He's GAY, just give it up. Some girls just don't get the message."

From afar it doesn't seem like much of an issue but then it's just so obvious... The only one oblivious is him. All they need is to wear collars so he can walk them out. They start to ignore your when they're with him and you start feeling like trash. Why is he so special? Just cause he's a little cute, it makes his life worth so much more than mine?
    It's all based on looks and it just makes me sick. Why are people in this world so superficial? I mean I'll admit he has his looks going for him but he's not really outstanding in any other way. He's really shy and doesn't even say much.

None of us even know what to do.

2. puppy1000

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Um, your not jealous of the boy's "decent" looks are you? Or are you pissed off at these girls cause you like the boy too? just wondering cause to me that is what it seems like

3. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry, man. It can be hard going when you're not conventionally attractive.
    The superficial, on hot people: "Whoa, he/she/they wiped his/her/their own ass! He's/She's/They're going to MIT!!1!"
    The superficial, on not so hot people: " Oh, you built a rocket, invented a nuclear fusion gun, invented a machine that changes your gender, and made an AI that is basically a human? Wow, get a life!one!!!"
    I'd suggest that you punch those girls, but that would probably backfire due to double standards.
    More importantly, what is your goal here? What do you want to do about this?

4. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If your jealous of the attention he gets, would you really want to be in his position with all the crazies? And if you like him, then you should get him alone and ask him out or flirt with him.

5. Gen

Gen

This statements seems to be a bit ironic. You're claiming that these girls are judging people based on their looks, yet in the same breath are claiming that this guy "clearly" has nothing else of value to bring to the table but his looks. Not to mention, this seems as though it should be a issue that he would have personally. He has obviously gained unwanted attention that he blatantly rejects. You're upset because he is gaining attention that you would rather have for yourself, but that's not his fault. Its not his fault that these girls are vying for him. Its not his fault that you are going through a period of insecurity.

I apologize if I am coming across as a bit strong in this post, but you really have to sit back and reassess how you are looking at this situation. If these girls are really only interested in him for shallow reasons, then they would hardly be people that you would want to be with regardless. Additionally, the fact that you are judging him, his worth, and character because of it makes you no less guilty than the rest of them.

If you were gay, you would be thankful that you weren't in his position; however, because you are personally interested in women you're taking offense to the fact that those specific ones aren't interested in you. Regardless of who they are interested, or what is their reasoning, the irritation your feeling is not his fault, or even the girls for that matter. It is as a result of your mindset in regards to the situation and, ultimately, how secure you are with yourself.