1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I tell her?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Closetedteen, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Closetedteen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sadly I still haven't found a man with whom I have a mutual attraction but I am starting to have feelings for a girl in one of my classes:icon_redf Some of my friends think that she may like me and I've gotten to the point where I'm thinking about asking her out. My biggest question at this point is, do I tell her I'm bisexual? Telling the last girl I dated, I'll call her D, didn't work out so well because she took it as a pass to talk about other guys, she forced me to come out to one of my friends, and was trying to make me tell my parents. She wasn't letting me come out at my own pace and it felt like she as trying to control my sexuality. I hope this won't happen again, especially because D wasn't the nicest person to walk the earth. I don't think the girl I like now, I'll call her A, will do that. A is much nicer and seems like a better person overall. I'm just worried that she might be freaked out by my sexuality and that she might end up not liking me because of that. So, should I tell her? My sexuality doesn't chNge how I feel about her, or how committed I would be in a relationship. And if I should tell her, when would I do it? Would I do it before I ask her out or, if all goes well, before things get serious? I don't have any friends who have been in my shoes so I fell a bit alone on this one. Any help or past experiences that you want to share will be greatly appreciated.

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If she doesn't already know, I'd wait to tell her. I had a girl tell me "I have no problem with you being bi. I have a problem with how much you beat yourself up because you're bi." As long as you treat her right and are faithful it shouldn't matter if you jack off to guys when you're by yourself.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    See now I think the opposite. Why not tell her up-front if you're comfortable doing it? She'll find out eventually most likely, and it's not like you can say 'oh I figured it out after we started dating'.

If your biggest concern is that she won't like you because of it, wouldn't you rather know that BEFORE than have her learn about it later and rip you apart after?

4. Closetedteen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You both make good points but in light of my circumstances I think I should tell her sooner rather than later. I've started to be much more open with people about my sexuality so if I don't tell her she's bound to find out somehow and I'd rather have her hear it from me. I'm still not completely sure when I'm going to tell her but hopefully I'll know when the time is right. Thank you for your help, its greatly appreciated!