1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My girlfriend won't give affection

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MerBear, Nov 5, 2013.

1. MerBear

My girlfriend have been dating for over a month and I finally got up the nerve to want to kiss her but i wanted to make sure it was okay with her and so we were talking about and she told me she wont kiss me back. she told me she is scared of showing affection and she said she doesn't know how to give affection.

I give her plenty of it. I kiss her on the cheek. I hug her and rub her leg and what not but when it comes to kissing, she won't kiss me back. MIND you, I have not kissed her yet but she said she wont kiss me back and she said, I have to wait and the problem with that is i'm very impatient and I live off affection and its affecting our relationship because i'm getting tired of pulling all the weight in this relationship and getting nothing back for it. at all.

i want to kiss her but i can't because she won't kiss me back and it wont feel right.
    i have no patience....none at all and i dont know how to get her to show affection and stop being scared

2. Lipstick Leuger

Is she questioning her sexuality? It seems odd that she won't give you affection back, after a month of dating unless she is not accpeting her sexuality and does not want to face who she is. Some of us do struggle a lot and feel that as long as we don't do anything that would prove we are gay, we really are not. We can continue to say it is not true. So, I would talk further to her about it and just come out and ask her. Then, if she tells you she is gay, ask her what you can do to help her with showing affection to you. After all, a relationship is suppost to fufill both of you, not just one of you. You will know if this relationship is worth pursing if she is willing to make a change to give you waht you need.

3. MerBear

she is bisexual. she said she never kissed her ex boyfriend back either. she said showing affection is a fear of her's

4. Macabremelody

maybe she is asexual

5. The Spark

Man. My girlfriend was pissed when I was scared to kiss her back after a week (I'd never kissed a girl before). But, the only way to learn to be comfortable with something is by actually doing it, so if she continues to refuse, then I question if you will ever be able to have the kinda relationship you want with her.

6. MerBear

that's not a bad idea, thanks :slight_smile: