1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by redsoxgrl34, Nov 6, 2013.

1. redsoxgrl34

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have had one post on this site since joining and in that one week period or so, so much has changed. What I failed to mention in my first week is that for a while now I have been in love with my best friend. About two months ago, she found this out and flipped shit on me(who knows why). Well since then things have cooled down and we're all good friends again. We also live together at college. Here's where the complicated part comes in. I had tried to move on and fine other people. She had been sort of talking to a girl but not really. This girl said she had feelings for her and she was iffy about it.(This is also only about 4 months after my best friend got out of a two year relationship.) Well this girl ended up having sex with our mutual friend and my friend flipped over it. The same night she was crying about how she would never do something like that to anyone else. Basically she did the same thing to me. So while one of our guy friends was with her, I decided to leave because I was super pissed and didn't want to take it out on her. Half an hour later I get a text from said guy friend telling me she wants to talk to me and to "prepare myself". I think I'm about to get bitched out, but turns out she apologizes everything and says she's been in love with me and only wanted to preserve our friendship. Now it's been two days, that night she spent the night in my bed(not much just cuddling and a little bit of kissing.) Since then I talked to her today and she said she's not ready for a relationship, which I already understood. The problem is I've just been sent through loops. She said she wants to take things slow which I also understand but the way she puts it idk. It hurts, I feel like I want her more than she wants me. I've never been in this situation and I want to help her and I want her to reach a point where she can be comfortable with a relationship but idk what to do. Since that night we've barely touched except for hugging. I've tried talking, what should I do? Thanks for the responses in advance.

2. tommyj

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't have any good advise here except maybe just sit down and tell her how you feel and tell her when she is ready you want to take your friendship to the next level.

3. Dia

Dia

Explain to her how you really feel about her and ask her how she views the whole situation. Maybe she is not sure if she can pursue a relationship cause you are teammates and thinks might not end up well. Ask her about her feelings and what she wants from this relationship. I think that being honest will help both of you out of this mess...