1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wife is straight I'm bisexual

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PookaciousOne, Nov 6, 2013.

1. PookaciousOne

Why do I get some people I have come out to ask me if I'm going to stay married? Why do people think if you're bisexual you can't have a monogamous relationship?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because to most people if you say 'bisexual' they get the attraction bit wrong.

They think that you are attracted to both sexes and thus won't be happy with just one. They seem to forget that straight people manage to stay with just one person and forget that we can do it too!

3. hiddenxrainbows

ElliaOtaku is right. There are a lot of myths about bisexuals. That they can't be monogamous because they "need" to have both sexes at once. If they are in a monogamous relationship, they'll end up cheating on that person. They're just whores. They're more likely to carry STD's. Etc, etc, stupid stuff like that. Some people even say that bi people can't exist, that you have to be either/or. But yeah, for some reason, a lot of people automatically think that if you're bi, you must also be poly. It's kind of like the myth that some straight people think when they find out someone's gay: "Omg, they're gay, that must mean they're attracted to me!!" Because if you're gay, you're attracted to EVERYONE of the same sex. It's stupid, but a lot of people think things like that.

If people keep saying stuff like that to you, try educating them. Maybe try asking them a question like "You're dating a blonde right? But you're also attracted to brunettes too? Does that mean you're going to cheat on your SO because you like both? No? But you like both, doesn't that mean that you have to have both at once? No? Well, neither do I." Maybe if you say something like that, they'll shut up about it.