1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom doesn't believe me and doesn't want to talk about it

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by spockbach, Nov 6, 2013.

1. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My mom usually tells me she doesn't want to talk about my sexuality. I can't talk about it at all or she'll get terse and angry. Has anyone else had this before? I'm looking particularly for lesbians to help me out here. I'm so sick of not being believed. My psychiatrist thought I might be bisexual, but not lesbian, and that any questions I had came from the abusive relationship with my father. And my brother tells me it's not really any of his business whenever I bring it up. Like, yeah, dude, it IS your business. I want to be able to express myself. Even with friends, I can't really express myself: some think I should just have sex with a guy because I don't know what I'm missing. And they just want to talk about guys. I feel like such an outcast. :frowning2:

2. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How long ago did you tell your mom? Maybe she needs time to come around.

3. Amerigo

'My mom doesn't believe me and doesn't want to talk about it'

^ i was in the exact same position a few months ago. at first she cried for me, then denied it, then got angry at me, then cried for me again, and eventually came round.

give your mother some space. i did, i just got lucky that a few months was enough. honestly i thought it'd be years before we spoke about my sexuality again.

and you are NOT an outcast. sure, you can feel like one, i feel like one, but that gives us a commonality no? together, we can be outcasts together :slight_smile:

4. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I swear I almost just cried.

I told her I was bi a while ago, and she thought that was ridiculous. This was several months ago. And then I told her I was gay about two months ago and she just won't talk about it.