1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could I be pregnant?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MaryMyers, Nov 8, 2013.

1. MaryMyers

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm a 21 yr old lesbian who had never had sex with a male until approximately three weeks ago. It was with a good friend who knows I'm lesbian (the sex didn't change my preference at all!). He didn't use a condom but said I would have nothing to worry about, but I bought emergency contraception the next day just to be safe. About a week later my period came two days early and was a pretty normal period!

Is there any chance of being pregnant despite this though? Obviously I'm a total novice here. Haha

2. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

If you had your period i think you're out of the woods,if that was to happen again, use a condom !

3. apostrophied

I think it's safe to say you're not pregnant since you got both contraception and your period.

But why in the world did you believe him when he said you didn't have to worry about getting pregnant from him?! Unless he's been proven 100% infertile (and even then!), a guy who says something like that doesn't have your best interests at heart... =/

I'm sorry you had this scare and I hope it doesn't happen to you again. :frowning2:

4. mermaid

Oh dear,
    why do you think that you might be pregnant even if you had your period, do you have any symptoms like nausea. sore breasts or sudden disliking the taste of coffee?
    After one week the implantation of the fertilized egg might cause a bleeding usually less than a period though sometimes as much. So yes, you still can be pregnant.
    Buy a pregnancy test so you will know.
    Hoping for you that you will get the result you wish. <3

5. JustEnoughTHM

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    As a note.
    If he actually said you have nothing to worry about he is either misinformed about the nature of Procreation, or a terrible person.

6. apostrophied

Wow Mermaid, I had no idea, thanks for teaching me something new!

7. Eleanor Rigby

As you've got your period since you had sex with your friend, it's likely you're fine. But if you have any symptoms that make you think you could be pregnant, or just if you want to be sure for your own peace of mind, it can't hurt to take a test.
    That being said, I would stress out the fact it's really not a good idea to have unprotected sex, even with a friend. And not only because you can get pregnant, but also because you can get STD from this. I mean, if your friend didn't bother to protect himself with you, how can you be sure he doesn't do the same with other people ? Except when you're in a long term, trustworthy and monogamous relationship, it's really not a good idea to have sex with anyone without a condom.
    Take care, Cécile