1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my new friend gay?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MMF, Nov 8, 2013.

1. MMF

MMF

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm confused so I'm here to ask, there's not a better forum to ask than in here! Thanks for reading in advanced.

So my friend and I went to this school meeting. Anyway, we got there a little early and there was this super hot guy just sitting by himself, didn't recognize him because he was new in the country, I was like "Lets go talk to him" (I'm a pretty confident guy and I don't have troubles talking to strangers) and we just talked and talked and my friend said that it seems like he was just interested into talking to me and not her. I also forgot to tell him my name and that night he asked what my name was.

A few days later, I added him on Facebook. We had mutual friends so it wasn't hard to find him. It says on his Facebook that he's interested into women but my friend thinks not because she tries flirting with him and it just wasn't working. So I started hanging out with the boys that he's in during lunch. I knew all of them for a few years now. I don't show that I like him or not, and I don't show that I really admire him. I don't initiate conversations so I don't give the vibe.

It's been 3 weeks now since we met and we've been talking a lot on Facebook and I even asked him if he's homophobic; he said no and then I said "Ok. lol" and he then said "so whats up" and blah blah blah. Sometime he would message me first too then yesterday at lunch, I purposely tried not to talk to him to see if he would come up to me. I was just eating lunch and he said in the chair behind me, and I was just talking to the other guys and he kept kicking my chair. I turned around and I said "Oh hey..." turned around again and just kept eating my lunch, then he kept doing it again and then I said " whaaat!" and he said "What's up? :slight_smile:" I was obviously eating my lunch and he knew that but I said I was just eating my lunch then turned around again haha.

A few guys left and eventually there was only four of us, the other two was talking about games, and he sat beside me and asked what I was doing for the long weekend(4 days off:icon_bigg) I said nothing, you? and he also said nothing then I was like "Well do you want to take me out then?" he said "Sure!!" but he doesn't drive and he lives 20 mins away from my City. I just laughed and started talking to the other boys, and I went up to the board to start drawing, and he followed me and did the same thing.

So I messaged him on Facebook last night and I told him that we should try getting into this club(He's not into drinking, clubs, strippers) and he said "Haha ok, I don't mind. We could hangout" but then I said we needed fake ID's but we don't know where to get them so I just told him, "Once we're both 18, I know you're not into clubbing but I'm still taking you out haha." He said "haha well I would go for fun, but I'm not drinking" :eusa_danc

I messaged him before I went to sleep "Soooo when are we going to watch the New Thor movie?" he said "idk Saturday?" so I said sounds good!

I don't know if he's interested or not, my friend think he's really gay but he's the straight looking gay guy. Probably still in the closet, as I am but I think it gave it away when I asked him if he was homophobic and usually when my friends go to see movies, it's never two people alone. It always in groups of three or more.

and Omg. I didn't realize that I typed so much, I was just typing and wasn't stopping haha. Sorry but thanks. :icon_bigg

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]
    (jk, I'm not mean)

Sounds like it! :wink:

You never know until they tell you, so don't go too rough on him when you watch Thor, but if anything, he's really interested in being your friend.

Maybe as you get closer he can tell you more. Or if the moment arises when you're hanging out, just politely ask him as a friend.

But it seems like he's really wanting to hang out with you, so just take advantage of that and see what happens. :slight_smile:

3. MMF

MMF

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for replying TJ, haha. I'm hoping that he is but if someone would make the first move, it wouldn't be me. We'll have plenty of time to talk especially in the car but what if he's not comfortable with his sexuality, I remember last year if anyone would ever ask me if I was gay; I would be insulted. This year, I don't give a f. hahaha :wink:

4. lostboy429

It sounds like he might be, but you shouldn't rush into it. If he is, then he'll tell you when hes ready. Don't try to force it out of him or you could end up damaging your friendship. Just give him time and I'm sure you'll have all of the answers your looking for. :slight_smile:

5. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's so cute
    Just focus on being his friend for now :slight_smile:

6. blueskies

blueskies Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree with what WhiteShadows said, just take it slow and see what happens. Don't rush into things. I think there's definitely a possibility that he might be gay/into you but it's impossible to know for sure unless you ask him.