1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I ask a guy out?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by UIOP, Nov 8, 2013.

1. UIOP

Hi EC. I have a guy that I would like to ask out (I'm currently presenting as a guy). I am not 100% sure what his sexuality is but I think he might be gay or bisexual. Well, even without being totally certain, I want to take the plunge and tell him how I feel about him. Do you have any tips on how to do this? People tell me to 'just say what comes naturally' but, for me, words never come naturally. What do I say to him to ask him out in a way that couldn't be misinterpreted as being just friendly?

Thanks in advance for any advice :slight_smile:

2. Saint Otaku

Never having a boyfriend or a date, I can't be too much help. Are you close friends with this person?

3. MMF

MMF

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dude I was in the same situation, for like a week. I met this guy 3 weeks ago; still don't know if he's gay/bi or straight and yesterday during lunch. He asked me what I was doing for the long weekend, I said nothing, you? he said nothing then I said "Well do you want to take me out then?" He said "sure!!"(excited) and I just laughed and started talking to other guys.

He lives 20 mins away from my city and he doesn't drive so he couldn't possibly take me out but then I messaged him last night like this. "So when are we going to see the new Thor movie in 3D? and he said "Idk saturday?" so I said "kk sounds good!"

4. LoveCimorelli

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Say hi to him and tell him that you are gay and you like him and just see how he reacts

5. UIOP

Thank you for all the advice, I hope I'll get an opportunity to ask him out like you did, MMF. That sounds awesome.

Yes, that's what's making it hard for me. I don't want to take him completely off guard! LOL :icon_wink

That's so scary! :eek: Ha ha, yeah, I think just being forward and honest with him might be a good strategy. You never know until you try, right? I'm just a little worried about how he may react if he is straight because of all the stuff I've heard on the internet. But, yeah, I think I'll try to do this but a little more gently than that though. Thanks :thumbsup: