1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Because obviously if you're a lesbian you hate men"

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by fortheloveoflez, Nov 9, 2013.

1. fortheloveoflez

My dad made a comment about lesbians hating men. I was too shocked to even say any thing. I find that statement incredibly annoying and misogynistic that because some women don't ever want to have sex with men a lot of people translate it to they "hate men" or are flaming sexists. Because heaven forbid a woman isn't a sex toy in heteronormative society since she has nothing else to offer not even friendship to men. Ugh.

2. Rainbow Girl

Ugh. I agree I hate when say that. On this on t.v. show I watch there was a lesbian character that became good friends with a guy who had a crush on her (he was okay with her being gay) and a bunch fans said she should "just give up on that 'phase' already" so they could be together. Like, seriously?

3. fortheloveoflez

wow. Funny, I feel like that's happened to me already in real life. That sucks though. Which show was this?

4. Rainbow Girl

5. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was growing up, I certainly didn't hate boys. In fact, I dated almost every guy I could. I even fell in love with one guy, and it hurt me emotionally when we were making out and it felt wrong, because I wanted it to not feel that way. Even though I thought I loved him, I wasn't going to go any farther with any intimate contact just to please him.

6. GayNerd

This is what my friend 'A' said about gay people. I.e., gay men hate women and gay women hate men. Obviously, for me, I don't hate women. And I do realize that every poster here is a female, so I'll say that it is nearly 100% not true for anybody and that your Dad doesn't understand it.

7. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope you called him on his bullshit.

8. GayNerd

I had a 5-minute long speech about how he's wrong and he hasn't said anything about these topics since, so I did good.

P.s. Change 'friend' to 'arch enemy #2' (don't ask about #1 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

9. fortheloveoflez

people obviously don't understand the difference between not being attracted to some one and hating them. It's like saying that if you don't want to jump the bones of your plumber it's because you "hate" him. There are a lot women I wouldn't want any thing other than friendship, do I hate them too?

10. Shizuma

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think men hate lesbians because they get the girls hohoho

11. lovely lesbian

That sucks im a lesbian and I don't hate men hope u said something xxx

12. AnonymousForeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Next time, respond to him by saying "Well, since you don't want to have sex with men, that obviously means you secretly hate all of your male friends".

Hopefully, that will show him what a dumbass he is for saying something so completely ridiculous, but when you typically do something like this, people just get pissed at you for making them look stupid and don't really bother to acknowledge that you're right, so I'm not holding my breath.