1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by person57, Nov 9, 2013.

1. person57

I'm kinda in an emergency right now. So my parents never wanted me to come out of the closet but I couldn't help it, I can't hold it in. But I came out to everybody and my parents are slowly starting to figure out that I came out. They're really protective and they're worried that I'll get bullied and beat up, but we live in California where Gays rarely ever get bullied and beat up. Especially in our part of California, its very rare. Also, Gays are more accepted now days. Also, I'll get in trouble if they find out I came out and they'll try to get me to shove myself back in the closet and I don't want that to happen. Also,I never got bullied, but even if I have, I wouldn't care what the bully said about me. I'm those kinda people that don't care what haters think. So what should I do?

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2013 at 02:23 PM ----------

Also, if I was going to get beaten, I'd fight back

2. LD579

You should stick to what you've said. Ultimately, they are just worried for you, but if you can let them know that you'll be fine, that you'll let them know if anything does happen, and that, at any rate, you're sure you'll be okay, that should at least slightly dissuade their fears. It'd just make things more confusing were you to come out... and then reverse that all. Let them know that you know who you are and that you're happy to be who you are and that you do not want to and could not hide it any longer. It also wouldn't hurt to tell them that you love them, as I'm sure they love you, too =]

3. person57

Okay, but how and when should I tell them that? Also, I'm kinda shy to admit to my parents that I came out.

4. MasterGuard08

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seeing your age, I can understand what you're going through. I suggest you sit your parents down and discuss this through with them. Let them know you know the risks and you just want to be happy and be yourself. They just want you to be safe and they realize that if you DO come out, you'll automatically be a target to this cruel world. If you truly accept yourself and you do not care what others think or say, I believe you should do it. Again, these are my suggestions. If you are not ready to come out to your parents, by all means don't. :slight_smile:

5. GayNerd

You should tell your parents that you will 'take your chances' and that you will be happy. Let them know you don't care what others think about you. It might help if you can find a way to show your parents that gay people where you live are highly unlikely to get beaten up. And let them know that no matter what happens to you, you will be happy, and you being happy is what you want to be.
    I hope this helps. :smilewave

6. person57

I tried talking to them, they think its great that I don't care what others think, but no matter what, they will always believe that I could get jumped.

7. Stoccata

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sure, there's always a chance you could get jumped. There's also a chance you could get maimed in car crash, or die in a plane crash, or get cancer. There's a chance you could get hit by lightning, or have your house burn down. Life's a gamble.

Could your chances of getting jumped increase?

Yeah, they could. That being said, getting jumped isn't exclusive to gay people, either. But hey, chances are it won't be a problem. If worse comes to worst you'll have to defend yourself.

Everyone takes risks. Some risks are unavoidable. Some risks are acceptable.
    Some risks are just plain stupid. The trick is knowing which is which.

I risk getting seriously hurt every time I step in the ring, but I still do it. It's a risk that's acceptable to me. Why? Because it's who I am and nothing can change that.

Like the champ said: "I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want."

So if coming out to everyone is an acceptable "risk" to you, than who's to say you can't do it? You're free to be who you want.