1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Difficult

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Theatertennis17, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Theatertennis17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As I always do, I like a guy that is probably as straight as can be. with him being straight, I want to not like him anymore. The problem is that he's in a lot of the same classes as me in school, we always sit next to each other, we have all the same friends, and the worst part is that he recently joined the show that I am in, and we are just starting to have 6 or 7 hour rehearsals since the show is coming up soon, so I have to spend most of my day with him. Also, just thinking about it the last couple days, I don't want to date anyone that is not him. What I look for in a guy is everything that he is. Does anyone have any ideas for how I can stop thinking of him as boyfriend material and start thinking of him as friends again?

2. Thursby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Those feelings will pass.

When we are in love, our minds have the tendency to make us think that our crush is the "be-all-end-all". In actuality, these emotions are fleeting.

You mentioned that he is most likely straight. There's nothing you can do to change his sexuality, so why let it preoccupy your life any longer? The next time you see him, remind yourself that its not meant to be. Falling back into denial will only leave you hurt in the end.

You probably feel like its impossible to just let him go, but the more times you experience this (you will again, all gay people do) the easier it becomes. Falling for a straight person is basically like a "rite of passage" if you're gay lol.

3. Valeyard

I actually had/have the same problem. There's a guy I really like at my school, and he's straight. I've met one of his girlfriends, and he's talked about whether or not he should show a girl Monty Python with me. He's so frustratingly straight I want to scream some days.

I found the best way is actually during a hell/tech week rehearsal. Spend any time you're not busy to really look at him. In my opinion, no one's perfect, even the ridiculously hot guy playing the lead has some things you wouldn't like. I would focus on those, and on the fact that he's straight. Sure, he may be really friggin cute, but he'd never like you the way you like him. Just look for what little things actually bother you about him, and see him though those, at least in part. That tends to help, at least a little bit.