1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An interesting marriage - what do you think of this?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tightrope, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a friend. He was a good friend, in that I really enjoyed his company, but there were some issues, of which his alcohol use and blunted sense of commitment toward anyone (wife, friends, parents, siblings, coworkers, anyone) were the main ones. He was real calloused this way.

He liked guys, that's for sure. He also had a healthy sex life with his wife, from his accounts. Their marriage was, and probably is, very independent, which works for their personalities, and it produced no children. When they moved from BF/GF status into married status, they were at a movie with a closeted gay subplot about 2 years into their marriage, and she teasingly asked him "So, when are you going to come out?" I believed he shrugged it off.

What do you think of this, especially her asking that question?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She knows he's probably gay, but she still went through with the marriage. Maybe she's okay with it, just like women who know there husbands have affairs but don't care. Usually in those cases, they are getting something in return like money to do what they want. Though, deep down I think it's never good for the long-term relationship health to be married to someone you can't love in a physical way.

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're right, I think. She had to have known when dating him and engaged to him.

As for the finances, they both work, and she's always had the slightly better job. They are very 50:50 on decisions and other stuff, and very independent. They sometimes take separate vacations.

I think he liked the being married in the suburbs lifestyle. I'm almost sure she has childhood issues that don't make for a lot of intimacy, so her requirements might not be as pronounced as that of other women. They still have sex, though.

I guess I brought this up is because, while some women will grill a guy as to his sexual repertoire if they get the most minor inkling, some will sweep it under the rug and marry him anyway. My (ex) friend (the subject of this thread) is decent looking, but nothing to write home about. In some cases, I've seen women go through with it when the guy was compellingly good looking and possibly even from a wealthy family.