1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My problems with my dad

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Andstillimhere7, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I hate my dad, it's gone to the point where I wish he was gone, not dead, gone. He's an aushloch, I'm tired of him he makes me feel inferior and useless and makes me cry. He yells at me for making small mistakes and makes it seem like a big deal and I hate it. He can get cranky a lot and it makes me sad. I'm always afraid of making a mistake when I'm around him. I can never express myself of how I really feel because I fear he might kick me, punch me, slap me, etc.

He is also very ignorant to the point of annoyance, one time he asked me about how it went in a party and who I hung out with, I replied with my friends, he said boys or girls, boys I replied, he then said that it's bad if you hang out with boys to long or you'll turn out gay, at that time I thought idiot I'm already bi and that wasn't because I hang out with boys, his logic doesn't make sense.

That's another reason why I can't come out because he might berate me or hurt me :,(. I want to get married with a guy but that's not going to happen with my family around. There are times where he is good, but I became bitter around him. I need help or advice.

He also calls me names and I get sad, but I never show my emotions in front of him. When I grow I'm not going to do nothing with him. I'm a straight a student, but sometimes I feel that he disregards that idea and still that's I'm the idiot. There are times where he is nice and other times where he is a jerk, there are times where I like him and other times where I hate him.

I need help

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Forgive me because this suggestion is probably not going to be attractive, but have you ever called him out on this?

When he calls you a name, ask him why. When he says 'you'll turn gay' ask him why that would be so bad. That sort of thing.

If his reactions are like you say they are, I realise that would be a hella scary thing to do, but there is always the chance that standing up to him would earn you some respect...or he could beat you, I don't know.

3. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    He calls me names because I do things "wrong" and I am afraid what he might do to me if I came out.

4. Thursby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My father is the EXACT same way. All my life he was constantly pushing me to be perfect and nothing I ever did was good enough. Somewhere along the way, I started to believe the things he said and actually thought I was an inferior person.
    In the last year I've completely changed my outlook on the whole thing. I realized I don't need his approval and there is nothing wrong with me.

He treats you horribly regardless of what you do, so why live unhappy? Just because he lives his life in ignorance does not mean you have to let him dictate your life.

The most important thing I can convey is this: Your father is acting this way because he feels inferior about himself. He is unhappy with his life so he attempts to make himself feel better by stepping on others.

NEVER let anyone make you feel inferior. You are a wonderful person just as you are. The important people in your life will be the ones who won't try to change you, but will accept you completely for who you are.