1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I still haven't told my mum dad and two brothers that I'm gay

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lovely lesbian, Nov 10, 2013.

1. lovely lesbian

Hi! I'm sure you have heard this all before so sorry in advance i have come out to four people but none of those people include my parents or my two brothers or any other family member for that matter the only family members I have told are my two sisters that is it. I'm sure they would be supportive but disappointed that I have left it so long to tell them. I have a cousin who I'm close to and was thinking of telling her but then didn't because I thought I can't just In case she says something sorry for the long post I'm not very well xxx

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "disappointed that I have left it so long to tell them"

You were worried about it. Worried about them. It's also none of their business to be perfectly honest. If they DO act supportive, they shouldn't be too disappointed with the wait. After all, it's your news to tell people when and IF you decide you need to, nobody can hold that against you legitimately.

3. Jordy

i've yet to tell my mom because i know for a fact she won't approve of it. don't feel pressured to tell anyone unless you're absolutely positive you want them to know. it is your life after all :slight_smile: its okay if you waited a while and you could explain to them why you did

4. lovely lesbian

Thank you for the advice guys