1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice...?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tabb, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Tabb

So I've been talking to this guy from ******* for about a week or two now. He's relatively cute and thinks similar of me. He lives about an hour away.

Now the thing is, I'm not sure what to do. He, I think, has experience with online relationships and is perfectly content not meeting often (from what I can tell). He likes skyping a lot.

First:

He seems to be genuinely interested in a relationship, but he's been pushing things faster than I would like (asking about sexting, asking about this or that related sex things, talking about cuddling one minute and then talking about cuddling naked the next. It seems that's the only time we really text a lot).

I think I've made it pretty clear that this would be my first relationship and that I don't want to move fast. Yet it continues?

Second:

I've also made it obviously clear that I'm not going to develop any serious feelings for him unless we can meet in person, and that I'm fairly uncomfortable traveling long distances. I've shown interest in meeting up somewhere, but he won't budge. In every instance, he's made it clear that he's going to make me do more traveling than he will no matter what.

I was especially annoyed when I offered a location we both knew, but he would not travel to... but then proceeded to give me a location he WOULD go to, that was the same distance away for him as the last one, but farther away for me.

I told him that I don't think it's gonna work, and he hasn't texted me back or anything. I was looking over my profile on ******* (after texting him) and it said he veiwed my profile in that minute.

TL;DR: Did I make the right choice? I'm feeling really anxious. I didn't feel anything for him as he seemed to for me, but I don't think he was being very fair either. I'm just really upset that the first guy who was ever interested in me turned out to be a flop.

Thanks,
    Tabb

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you were right to go with your gut instinct. Nobody should be pushy or make you go faster than you want ... and it seems he wasn't interested in making the investment (travelling)

so you should not feel anxious - but proud that you went with your true feelings

3. Tabb

Thanks. <3