1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I trust him again?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AndyP, Nov 11, 2013.

1. AndyP

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, So I have this friend who I came out to two years ago on IM. He made it his personal mission to spread the news, he saved our texts and showed them to anyone and everyone, I didn't confront him about it though, but our friendship just went sour. so now he asked a mutual friend to tell me that he wants to see me, just to chill because he feels that I'll feel like my male friends don't care anymore since finding out I'm gay. However this worries me a little, I mean it has been two years and he's had my number since but nothing. why now? should I be alert? could he be fishing for some more secrets to spread? could there be something he heard that he wants to confirm? or am I just being paranoid? Thanks

2. lovely lesbian

Hello welcome that is wrong that he shared that your gay with other people u clearly can't trust him at all if he is doing this you should have said something like how dare you tell people something that I trusted you with or thought I could trust you with clearly not I hope he feels bad because he should.

#2 lovely lesbian, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  3. Silver Sparrow

He outed you, and that is a horrible thing to do.

4. AndyP

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you guys for the help. well I suppose it is like they say "once bitten twice shy." I'll just have to dismiss his meeting plans and all.

5. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I would not meet with him or be friends. He's definitely not trustworthy or a decent person to be around.

6. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

There should be a law about copying and keeping text information or any information media. But it is a free for all...Sorry for you to have been betrayed...It's madness! It's up to you whether you see him in confidence again or not but be careful...

#6 Double Eagle, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to EC! I have moved the thread to the Family, Friends, and Relationships forum. :slight_smile:

Given that your friend has betrayed your trust, and hasn't had contact with your in two years, and as you said he could have contacted you himself, I would just leave it, and ignore his request to get together.

8. Nyarlathotep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't see him, he did a really awful thing

9. GayNerd

Hi there. :smilewave

If he did show lots of people the texts, he can't be trusted anymore. It's best if you don't see him anymore.
    I hope this helps. (*hug*)

10. SecretlyASloth

He's like one of my friends. They think they're either just a mean-spirited person, or they think its their business to tell the secret "for you" in an effort "to help".

Neither are worth your time and friendship, and if they have the audacity to ask why you refuse to meet with them you tell them straight up that they betrayed your trust and should not expect to be hearing from you anytime soon about anything.